8th June 2020, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

Minimum education required for UGC NET/JRF Home Science entrance exam?

Hello Sir, my name is Nidhi Mishra and I have completed my B.Sc in Food Science Technology and M.Sc in Food Technology. Please, tell me whether I am eligible for UGC NET / JRF Home Science entrance examinations or not?

13th June 2020, 07:38 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum education required for UGC NET/JRF Home Science entrance exam?

Yes, you can appear for UGC NET exam but you should have secured at least 50% marks in post graduation to be eligible for NET.

Also, note that there is no such subject related to Food Technology in UGC NET. So, you will have to appear for Life Sciences.

Hence, you will have to go through syllabus of Life Sciences or Environmental Sciences and be prepared for it to appear for UGC NET entrance.

Here is the list of UGC NET subjects offered i.e. https://ugcnetonline.in/subjects.php http://entrance-exam.net/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=7218831
17th June 2020, 10:49 PM
amish25
Junior Member+

Default Re: Minimum education required for UGC NET/JRF Home Science entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, my name is Nidhi Mishra and I have completed my B.Sc in Food Science Technology and M.Sc in Food Technology. Please, tell me whether I am eligible for UGC NET / JRF Home Science entrance examinations or not?
Hello Nidhi,

The minimum eligibility to apply for NET exam is post graduation degree with minimum 55% marks (for general category). there is some relaxation for reserved and female category.

The candidates should apply for their post graduation or its related subjects only as paper 2 consists questions related to your post graduation in the exam,

The CSIR NET exam is organized for science stream candidates in Earth science, life science, mathematical science, physical science and chemical science.

Check the complete syllabus to know the relevant subject to apply in the CSIR NET exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?