1st November 2011, 01:05 AM
Somnath Majumdar

Minimum Eligibility criteria for IPS Exam? Where can I register for this Entrance Exam?

can i appear for the ips entrance exam?what is the minimum eligibility?and from where i will get myself registered for the entrance exam?from where we will get entrance xam syllabus? Somnath

1st November 2011, 12:08 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum Eligibility criteria for IPS Exam? Where can I register for this Entrance Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnath Majumdar View Post
can i appear for the ips entrance exam?what is the minimum eligibility?and from where i will get myself registered for the entrance exam?from where we will get entrance xam syllabus? Somnath

DETAILS ABOUT IPS EXAM

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.

Those candidate have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

But your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidate.
In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3years and for SC/ST candidate is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be citizen of India.

PROCESS BECOME A IPS OFFICER:-

1. Fill up the Application form.
2.Preliminary exam is consist of two papers.
a) General studies -----150 marks
b)From Optional subject -------300 marks
3.If you have qualify in Preliminary exam then you have to go for IPS mains exam
4.After completion of your main exam you have to go for Interview.

EXAM DATE:-

Notification Date - 04/02/2012
Last date of application - 05/03/2012
Preliminary examination - 20/05/2012.
1st November 2011, 01:17 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum Eligibility criteria for IPS Exam? Where can I register for this Entrance Exam?

To join you should have minimum a graduation degree.

Eligibility Criteria:-

Educational Qualifications :

Graduates in any discipline from a recognized university. Candidates having professional and technical qualifications recognized by the government are also eligible.

For the Indian Administrative Service and the Indian Police Service, a candidate must be a citizen of India

For other services, a candidate must be either :
(a) a citizen of India, or

(b) a subject of Nepal, or

(c) a subject of Bhutan, or

(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India with the intention of permanently settling in India. or

Age Limits :

Candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st August of the year in which examination is being held.

Physical Standards :

Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Civil Services Examination.

1:Height-

Minimum height for the Male 165 cm &
for ST 160 cm,for the SC/ OBC,is not

Minimum height for the Female 150 cm &
for ST 145 cm,for the SC/ OBC,is not

2:Chest-

for male minimum 84 cm. expansion 5 cm.
for female minimum 79 cm. expansion 5 cm.

3:Eye Sight-

6/6 or 6/9 distant vision.
J1 for near vision

Number of Attempts:

Every candidate appearing at the Civil Services Examination shall be permitted four attempts at the examination.

this restriction will not apply in the case of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST), Other Backward Classes(OBC)

Physically Handicapped(PH) candidates who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
1st November 2011, 03:05 PM
ac1989

Indian Police Services

You are eligible for Indian Police Services according to your Educational qualifications criteria and also you have to check the height,chest and age limits below.

Educational Qualifications
Any Graduate with minimum pass marks from recognized University can eligible to apply for this exam

Height

A Male Candidate must have minimum 165cm for General Category candidate
A Female Candidate must have minimum 150cm fir General Category Candidate
For SC/ST/OBC Male Candidate require minimum height 160cm and Female candidate require minimum height is 1405cm
Chest
Male Candidate require 84 cm,Expandable chest is 89cm
Female Candidate require 79cm and Expandable chest is 84cm

Age Limits:

A candidate must have attained minimum 21 years and not maximum 30 years For SC/ST candidates-21-35Years
OBC candidates-21-30Years.

If you are satisfied above rules and regulations,You can eligible to apply for this exam.

Generally Notification released in the month of January Month.Applications are available in January Month in any Head Post Offices. and some local post offices

For details please login official website:http://http://www.upsc.gov.in/
1st November 2011, 05:15 PM
millan1

Location: At- Ainshamula; Po- Chhanijanga; Dist- Puri; Pin- 752113; Odisha

Dear somnath;

Eligibility Criteria for IPS Exam is:

1.Age limit

21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs . Ex-servicemen will get 5 more years exemption from the prescribed age limit The date of birth accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognized by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University, which extract must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate.

2.Number of Attempts

Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

3.Restrictions on applying for the examination:

A candidate who is appointed to the Indian Administrative Service or the Indian Foreign Service on the results of an earlier examination and continues to be a member of that service will not be eligible to compete at this examination.

4. Minimum Physical Standard
The physical standards are important for the job profile and the rigorous training at the NPA, which includes weekly run for 10 k.m. in 60 minutes, route march for 25 k.m. UAC, Horse riding, rock climbing, assault course, PT obstacles, rope climbing etc. I shall give a detailed a/c of this sometime.

Services are divided into technical and non-technical. Technical services are IRTS, IPS, DANI PS, CISF, RPF & other Police organization. The Medical standards for Technical Services are stringent.

For IPS-

Height – Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm

Female 150 cm Pahari Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm

Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.

Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.

(Those can’t expand the chest go to next service. If expansion is less during 1st Medical, i.e. just after interview; during second Medical, i.e. after the result, or appeal, expansion can be shown.)

Many people fail in this test of chest expansion.

(I know some people who have cleared this exam during the second Medical Test, i.e. after the Medical Exam conducted after the declaration of Final result)

Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye. Near vision J 1 for good eye. J2 for worst eye. The correction is by lenses
only. High standard for the Colour-blind test. No inherent night blindness. Vision should stereoscopic.

Blood pressure (High) – Age 23 – 123, age 24 – 124, age 25 –122, age 28 – 124, age 30 –125, age 32 – 126, age 34 – 127.

Ear- good listening & normal ear cavity. 1000 to 4000 frequency hearing impairment shd not be more than 30 decibels.

Nasal- candidate should not stammer while speaking.

You may apply online using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in.
Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above mentioned website

all the best
1st November 2011, 09:39 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnath Majumdar View Post
IPS Stands for Indian Police Service, To become IPS Officer You have to apply for the UPSC Civil services examination, This examination is conducted by UPSC Comission ever year in two Phases, preliminary and Mains. Firstly you have to cracked the Preliminary examination and those who cracked preliminary examination are eligible for Main examination. Preliminary examination are Objective and Main examination is descriptive.

Quote:
Minimum Eligibility criteria for IPS Exam?
To apply for this examination, you have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline form a recognised board, Final year graduate candidates are also apply for this examination.

To apply for This examination your age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

Quote:
Where can I register for this Entrance Exam?
You can Registered for this examination : Online or Offline.

If you are Interested to apply Offline, then please Obtained the application form directly form the Post offices.

And The Online Registration process will be started soon after declaring the Notification, You have to pay the fees Online through net-banking.

So, If you are Interested to Become IPS Officer and You have completed your Graduation, then please apply for this examination next year.

The Notification will be declared on 04/Feb/2012.

And the last date of apply for this examination is 05/March/2012 and the examination will be held on 20/May/2012.

>> General Candidates will gets 4 Attempts to cracked this examination.
>> OBC Candidates will gets 7 Attempts
>> No Limits for SC/ST Candidates.

Preliminary examination pattern :

And for More Information about Civil services examination then please check the official website :

http://upsc.gov.in
27th November 2011, 03:41 PM
abhin91
Member+

Minimum eligibility for IPS exam :-
1.nationality:-For the Indian Administrative Service, a candidate
must be a citizen of India.

2.AGE LIMIT : 21-30 YEARS

3.EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:The candidate must hold a degree of any of
Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University
Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.

Number of attempts-4
27th November 2011, 06:06 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Indian Police Service exam is held once in year, this exam is part of Civil service exam and exam is conducted by UPSC.

Eligibility criteria for IPS exam:
Candidate should have complete graduation degree with any stream from a recognized university.
Age should be between 21 to 30 years for General category candidates,21to 33 year for OBC category candidates,21 to 35 years for SC/ST category candidates

Number of attempts:
4 attempts for General category candidates.
7 attempts for Obc category candidates
14 attempts for SC/ST category candidates.

Important dates for IPS-2012 exam:
Indian Police Service(Preliminary exam) Notification for this year:
Issue of application form from 4th Feb 2012 to 5th March 2012.
Exam will held on 20th May 2012.
Indian Police Service (Main Exam) notification for this year:
Exam will held on 15th Oct 2012.

Here is the link below mentioned,were you can apply the application form online between the dates as mentioned above.

http://upsconline.nic.in/mainmenu2.php
29th November 2011, 08:08 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
If you are interested in IPS examination
Then you will have to fulfill these criteria

IPS Eligibility :

Academic Qualification :
The candidate must be graduate from any university.

Age Limit :
For General :21 to 30 years.[SC/ST will get 5 years age relaxation and OBC will get 3 year age relaxation]

No Of Attempts :
General : 4.
SC/ST: Unlimited.
OBC :7.

All the best........
20th January 2012, 06:55 PM
Unregistered

respected sir,
i am jst completed my grad. i want to appear in IPS exam 2012. can u plz give me complete details regarding it, like date of application..... tentative month of exam........ how to prepare for this exam
and reference books....... and give full advice.

my mail id is . [email protected]
contact no. is 9015118939
20th January 2012, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

Is optional subject paper held after the first two paper?
8th February 2012, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

sir my name is BHANU PRATAP SINGH & i am a hotel management gradutes.I have completed my degree is am i eligible for ips.give me complete details regarding ips criteria to applying.my mail id is [email protected]
16th February 2012, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

my name is satendra singh.i pursuing btech (electrical engg.).i am very intrested to crack IAS entrance .but i have one problem of height.and of eye vision.how can i solve my problem.please tell me.
18th February 2012, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

IS IPS or IAS are similar
19th February 2012, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

CAN I APPLY IT AFTER FINISHING MY 3RD YR EXAM OF B.S.C GEN COURSE?
7th March 2012, 10:59 PM
harshit agrawal 2021

my dear...............

first of all you should have to complete your B.E/B.Tech/B.Sc/equivalent degree with at least 60% in aggregate. then you have to be familiar
with the under listed subjects:

the syllabus includes the followings:

1.general English

2.general engineering

3.verbal/non-verbal/logical reasoning

4.technical section

5.general mathematics.

you have to complete the test under fixed time limit.

the exam comprises of two sections:

1.written

2.personal interview

and after cracking the exam you will be elligible for govt. sectors as well as top MNCs.

so all the best.
20th March 2012, 05:53 PM
Unregistered

Hello,
I Have completed my BE in 2011 ,may i know what are the procedures for applying for IPS exams,i satisfy the physical and educational qualification required for IPS
can anybody help me with the procedures. And can i attend the IPS exams for 2012 because its already march.
20th March 2012, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

Hello,
I have completed my BE in 2011 ,may i know what are the procedures to apply for IPS exams
2nd June 2012, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

If A Person was SI than ,he try to become an I.P.S what would he do?He has eligibility to write the exam?
26th June 2012, 06:12 PM
Unregistered

hye
i am graduate.i want to be ips officer but my eye sight is weak. should i go for this field or not pls suggest me sir.
26th June 2012, 07:51 PM
cenahlr

hi,
IPS exam stands for indian police service which is conducted by upsc.
ELIGIBLITY FOR IAS EXAM;
>you have passed graduation from a recognized university in any subject.
Age limit is 21 to 30 years.
For more,
www.upsc.gov.in
26th June 2012, 09:01 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

IPS eligibility criteria:-

To give this exam you need to be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university. If you are appearing for the final year then also you are eligible to apply for this exam.

Your age should be between 21-30 years.

There is relaxation for the SC/ST/OBC category.

The selection procedure includes preliminary exam, main exam and personal interview.

At the most you can give this exam for four times.

Minimum height for male is 165 cm and for female it is 150 cm.
Chest size for male should be minimum 84 cm, expandable upto 5cm. In case of female it is 79cm, expandable upto 5cm.

Eye:- 6/12 or 6/9 distant vision for worse eye and 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye.

For more information please log onto this website:- www.upsc.gov.in
14th November 2012, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

now i m studying b.sc 2nd yr...bt i have also completed D.pharmacy with 81.10 % so can i apply for ias exam? and is there any ground examination in case of IAS?...Madhuri Raypure
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?