8th June 2013, 04:47 PM
nikku halde

Minimum marks required in GATE exam to take admission in top 3 IIT's?

sir,
what the minimum marks or rank are required in gate exam to take admission in top 3 IIT'S with mechanical branch. i belonged to sc.

Related Questions:
8th July 2015, 01:13 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum marks required in GATE exam to take admission in top 3 IIT's?

GATE is the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This is the entrance exam conducted by Indian Institute of Technology for selection of candidates to master's degree in technology in various engineering institutions like:

>>Indian Institutes of Technology located at various places in India.

>>NITs located at different locations in India.

>>Private Engineering institutes.

The cut off marks for admission in various Indian Institute of Technology for different streams of engineering is not fixed. Every year the cut off marks changes for candidates belonging to different category.

Generally the qualifying marks is between 16-30 marks for candidates of general, OBC and SC/ST candidates. It is not possible to tell exact marks for getting admission in top IITs for SC candidates but you must aim to score above 70 marks. GATE is an online test of 100 marks consisting of 65 questions.

Generally for SC candidates, top rankers score above 70 marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?