7th July 2021, 05:22 PM
Rishitha957

MTech final year is eligible for SET exam?

Am studying mtech final year in embedded systems. Am i eligible for SET exam if yes then for which subjects i can apply?

10th July 2021, 04:40 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: MTech final year is eligible for SET exam?

Eligibility criteria required to apply for SET examination:-

The basic eligibility required to apply for this SET examination is given below:-

Candidates must have completed master's degree recognised by UGC in subject of SET.

Candidates having post graduate diploma or certificate awarded by Indian University or Institution.

The minimum percentage required in qualifying examination is 55% marks in Master's or equivalent examination are eligible for the test and the same is 50% marks candidate from OBC or reserved category.
10th July 2021, 08:35 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for SET exam.

Educational Qualification:-
Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks in master's degree or equivalent examination from Universities/Institutions recognised by UGC in humanities and social science, computer science and applications, electronic science etc are eligible for this test.
Last year candidates are also eligible to apply for UGC NET examination.
10th July 2021, 08:48 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for UGC NET or SET exam.

The minimum eligibility to apply for the UGC NET/SET exam is post graduation degree from the UGC approved university with more than 55% marks.

The candidates in final year for their post graduation degree are eligible to apply for the exam as the NET certificate is valid for 2 year. the candidates need to complete their master's with in 2 years from the result declaration.

The candidates are suggested to apply for their post graduation subject and is the subject is not available in the list, you can apply for related subject.
10th July 2021, 11:30 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria required to apply for SET Examination:

The basic eligibility criteria required to apply for this SET Examination is given below,

SET - State Eligibility Test

>> Candidates must have completed Master's degree from a recognized university or institute in order to be eligible.

>> The minimum percentage required is 55% Mark's in qualifying Examination. The same is 50% for SC or ST category Candidates.

>> There are several disciplines available and they are Physics, Classical dynamics, experimental design, electronics..etc.,

>> As far as my best knowledge is concerned I suggest you to go with Electronics subject.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?