4th June 2012, 02:26 PM
S.B.Goel

Is my daughter eligible to sit for Punjab PMT exam?

I am Punjab Government Employee at Chandigarh and my daughter is also studing in Chandigarh. Whether she is eligible to sit in Punjab PMT exams.

Related Questions:
19th April 2015, 07:38 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is my daughter eligible to sit for Punjab PMT exam?

Punjab Pre Medical Entrance test is conducted to selected candidates for the different undergraduate courses like MBBS, BDS etc.

The eligibility criteria for Punjab PMT is as below:

You must have studied your senior secondary education that is 10+2 from a recognized school in Punjab.

The subjects in 10+2 must be Physics, Chemistry and Biology.

Your age should not be less than 17 years on 31/12 of the year of admission. Candidate must be resident of Punjab.

Your daughter is eligible to sit for the Punjab PMT exam but she must have done her 10th also from Punjab then only she can enjoy the benefit of state quota because in 2014 Punjab government changed the criteria for admission to 85% state quota seats of MBBS, BDS course which caused a difficulty for students of Chandigarh and nearby states.

So only those candidates can be able to get admission under state quota if they have completed 10th and 10+2 from schools in Punjab otherwise they will be admitted under rest 15% of seats.
19th April 2015, 09:48 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Punjab PMT conducted by BFUHS is entrance test for admission in government and private medical colleges within Punjab.
For a candidate to be eligible for applying ,the candidate needs to have completed Or appearing 10+2/Higher Secondary Examination with 50%(40% for reserved category) having Biology,Chemistry,Physics and English from a recognized board.
For admission in MBBS/BDS course ,candidate needs to attain the age of 17 years on 31,December.
In government colleges 41%,private colleges 34% and for NRI candidates 15% seats are reserved.
20th April 2015, 01:07 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# Your daughter is surely eligible for appearing in Punjab PMT.

# While shortlisting the candidates from PMT for various under-graduate medical courses, 85% candidates are taken into consideration those have completed their matriculation or intermediate from any Punjab Government recognised school.

# The rest 15% candidates are those who have not completed their matriculation/intermediate from Punjab State.

# Other required eligibility conditions are:

* Permanent resident of Punjab State
* Must be 10+2 from any recognised school.
* Must have opted subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English in intermediate level.
* Minimum age of candidate must be 17 years on 31st of Decembee of concerned year.
* There is no any restriction on upper age.
20th April 2015, 10:11 AM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Punjab Pre-Medical Entrance Test exam will be conducted for the admission to the courses MBBS, BDS, BAMS and BHMS. Exam will be held on second week of June 2015.

Eligibility-

Candidate should be a resident of Punjab and they must have completed 12th with physics, chemistry and biology or equivalent from the schools in Punjab.
Candidate should not be less than 17 years of age.

Important Dates-

Starting date of the PMET 2015 application form - April 2015
Closing date of the PMET 2015 application form - May 2015
Issue date of PMET admit card 2015 - May 2015
PMET exam date - June 2015

For more detail- www.bfuhs.ac.in.
20th April 2015, 11:53 AM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

Punjab PMET stand for Punjab Pre Medical Entrance test.

Punjab PMET 2015 exam will be conducted for the admission to the courses:-

MBBS,

BDS,

BAMS and BHMS.

Thise test will be held on second week of June 2015.

Eligibility Criteria Punjab PMET :-

For apply Punjab PMET 2015 the eligibility criteria are given below:

The candidate should be a resident of Punjab.

The candidate must have completed senior secondary education from the school in Punjab with physics, chemistry and biology subjects.

The candidates should not be less than 17 years of age.

If your daughter is completed the eligibility Criteria then she are eligible to sit for Punjab PMT exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?