3rd October 2018, 01:19 PM
Honey Patil

Is it necessary to appear in both NET and GATE to study PhD being an MCA postgraduate?

Hello friends, I have completed my MCA from Pune University. Now, I am working in an IT company. I want to study PhD program. So, I would like to know that is it necessary to appear in both NET and GATE for admission?

15th October 2018, 12:24 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to appear in both NET and GATE to study PhD being an MCA postgraduate?

NET is National Eligibility Test and entrance test is conducted for recruitment as assistant professor or for the recruitment as JRF.

GATE is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and candidates after appearing and qualifying in the entrance examination will become eligible for admission in M.Tech course or for recruitment in PSU's.

So, you are not eligible to get admission in Ph.d course through required examination.
15th October 2018, 05:26 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to appear in both NET and GATE to study PhD being an MCA postgraduate?

No, candidates passed master degree do not need to appear for GATE or NET examination to pursue Ph.D course.

The eligibility to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed master degree with minimum 55%.

Entrance examination is conducted by various universities and institutes for admission in the course.
18th October 2018, 07:24 PM
amish25
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey Patil View Post
Hello friends, I have completed my MCA from Pune University. Now, I am working in an IT company. I want to study PhD program. So, I would like to know that is it necessary to appear in both NET and GATE for admission?
No, the eligibility criteria for PhD is post graduation degree with 55% marks for the General category candidates. while reservation applied for reserved category candidates.

if you are interested in lectureship or research then apply for the UGC NET exam. NET qualified candidates can apply for the PhD.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?