31st December 2018, 08:39 AM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to appear in NDA exam to join Indian Army?

Respected Sir/Madam, I am a student of 10th standard from Vidya Bharati School. I want to join Indian Army. So, I came to know that I have to appear in NDA exam. I just want to know that is it necessary to appear in this exam?

4th January 2019, 11:31 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to appear in NDA exam to join Indian Army?

To join Indian Army, candidates can apply for anyone of the following exams after passing 12th standard:
  • NDA Exam
  • TES 10+2 Exam

To appear for TES 10+2 exam, you must have passed 10+2 with PCM stream while for NDA Exam, it is not necessary to pass 10+2 with PCM stream. Commerce and Arts stream candidates can also apply for Army wing of NDA Exam.

To be eligible for the above exams, your age must be between 16.5 to 19.5 years.
5th January 2019, 06:10 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you have to appear in NDA examination for joining in Indian Army. To be eligible to appear in NDA Examination, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a recognised board. You should be in the age range of 16.5 to 19.5 years. As per the information you have mentioned in your query, you are a 10th standard student, so you have to pursue HSC course to be eligible to appear in NDA examination.
6th January 2019, 12:59 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

It is not compulsory to appear for NDA examination to join Indian Army. Candidates can join Indian Army through various entry.

The available entry is through :-

NDA.

Recruitment rally for selection as a Solider.

Technical entry after 12th.

CDS after bachelor degree.

So, you can select the entry scheme for which you have done better preparation. The required qualification varies with entry.
7th January 2019, 10:37 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

NDA refers to National Defence Academy and it is an academy meant for providing necessary training and education to those who manages to qualify NDA entrance examination held by UPSC with the ambition to become a commissioned officer in Indian defence services wings.

Now, as far as you are concerned about the necessity to qualify NDA entrance examination to join Indian Army, then for your information I would like to let you know that NDA is compulsory only if you are looking to join as a permanent commissioned officer after your Class 12 otherwise there is no compulsion as there are
lots of other entries options available in Indian Army for which details can be managed from the link www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?