12th August 2015, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in NDA entrance exam to join Indian Army if pursuing 12th Commerce with Maths?

Hello,
I am in class 12th Commerce without Maths and I want to join Indian Army. I want to give NDA exam during my 12th in this year. So can I give that? Please help me as I really want to know this.

13th August 2015, 02:45 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in NDA entrance exam to join Indian Army if pursuing 12th Commerce with Maths?

National Defense Academy exam was conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year
Sorry to say that but you are not eligible for the desired test because its main eligibility criteria is that you had passed 12th class from science stream means physics / Chemistry and maths. As you mentioned that you passed 12th class form commerce stream so you are not eligible for NDA
13th August 2015, 04:28 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in NDA entrance exam to join Indian Army if pursuing 12th Commerce with Maths?

National Defence Academy(NDA) exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) twice in a year to recruit the candidates in Army, Navy and Air Force wing.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate should be citizen of India.

* Candidate must be either a subject of Bhutan, Nepal or a Tibetan refugee with the intention of permanently settling in India.

* Candidate should be unmarried male.

* For Army wing, the candidate should complete class 12th or 10+2 or equivalent examination from any recognized board.

* For Navel and Air Force wing, the candidate should complete class 12th or 10+2 or equivalent examination from recognized board with Physics and Mathematics as their subjects.

* Candidate should be physically and mentally fit without any deformity.
13th August 2015, 05:41 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are very certainly eligible to appear in National Defense Academy (NDA) Examination to join Indian Army wing with 12th Class without Mathematics as a subjects. As far as required educational qualification is concerned, you are eligible to apply for National Defense Academy and Naval Academy Examination. The minimum educational qualification required for several wings are given below.

>> For Army Wing of NDA:
* 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of school in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> For Air Force wing of NDA:
* 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of school Education with "Physics and Mathematics" or its educational Qualification.

>> For Naval Wings of NDA:
* 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of school Education with "Physics and Mathematics" or its educational Qualification from a recognized university.
13th August 2015, 05:42 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

National defence academy entrance exam is conducted to recruit the candidates in different fields like Navy, Army, Air Force etc. The candidate who has completed his/her 12th in any stream can apply for NDA exam. The candidate who are in 12th standard can also apply for the Examination. So you are eligible to apply for NDA exam with 12th commerce without Maths.
13th August 2015, 07:17 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I am in class 12th Commerce without Maths and I want to join Indian Army. I want to give NDA exam during my 12th in this year. So can I give that? Please help me as I really want to know this.
You are a student of 12th standard in commerce subject so you are eligible for NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
13th August 2015, 07:21 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in NDA examination for joining in Indian Army aftet completion of your 12th standard with Commerce stream. To be eligible to appear in NDA examination, the candidate must have completed 12th standard or equivalent in s by discipline from a recognized board.

Eligibility Criteria :-
1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent in any discipline from a recognized board.

3. You must be in between 16 1/2 to 19 years old.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate.

5. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination notification.
13th August 2015, 08:37 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes surely you are eligible for NDA exam but you will be eligible only for Indian Army. For Air Force and Naval academy you need to have PCM stream.

Also, make sure that you have got age between 16.5 to 19 years before applying. Only unmarried Indian male citizen can apply for this exam.
13th August 2015, 09:50 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

No you are not eligible for giving NDA entrance exam. Candidates who passed 12th standard from non-medical stream only are eligible for entrance exam.

Age limit for NDA is in between 16 1/2 to 19 1/2 years. So you have to fulfill their criteria.
14th August 2015, 12:19 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for the National Defense Academy. UPSC is the organization which conducts the entrance academy for this academy. It gives your opportunity to join different wings of defense like Army, Navy or Airforce.

Eligibility criteria:

Only unmarried male candidates having age in the limit 16.5-19.5 years can apply for the exam. You must have done 10+2 from any recognized board. With commerce stream, you can apply for the NDA exam but you will eligible to join Army only after clearing written test and service selection board.

You must study mathematics because one paper of NDA written exam is Mathematics, if you do not know mathematics upto 10+2 level, it may be difficult for you to clear the written test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?