13th June 2011, 09:50 AM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to pass NET after doing a job in degree college as a professor?

Hi this is manish shukla and i want to job in degree college as a proffser it is necesscary to PASS NET

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility for Assistant Professor job in government degree colleges?
  2. Is distance degree valid for Assistant Professor job in Gujarat State Government colleges?
  3. Is NET qualification sufficient for Assistant Professor jobs?
  4. How to become a professor in college after graduating with pass class? Can I appear for B.Ed?
  5. Qualifications required to be a Professor of engineering college? How to be a Professor?
  6. How to get a job as a professor in private/government college
  7. Am I eligible for assistant professor post after clearing UGC NET with less than 50%?
  8. Am I eligible to become a Lecturer after completing B.A.(Political Science)?
  9. Will I be able to become a Lecturer or Assistant Professor after doing Master degree through distance education?
  10. How to get a job as Associate Professor in Degree College of Hapur?
  11. Can I get a job as assistant professor in government engineering college
  12. How to become a professor in commerce degree college after scoring 73% in B.Com?
  13. Is it necessary to compete NET test to become an Assistant professor in Engineering College or University? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Am I eligible for computer science lecturer in diploma polytechnic in Bangalore University after completing MSc in computer science
  15. How to do MBBS if I am a biological group student
  16. Eligibility to teach engineering college as Assistant Professor/Associate Professor?
  17. Can I I teach B.Tech/M.Tech students of engineering colleges after PhD in Electronics & Instrumentation Technology? -- [New]
  18. Queries regarding being a Professor
18th October 2011, 08:13 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to pass NET after doing a job in degree college as a professor?

Yes it is necessary to attend the NET exam to get in to government colleges as professors. You need to have a post graduate degree to attend the NET exam. You need to score 55% of marks in the post graduation level to attend the exam. You can register for the NET exam which is conducted by the UGC. The other option is to take a Ph.D.
2nd October 2012, 01:51 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to pass NET after doing a job in degree college as a professor?

Of course it is important to appear for National Eligibility Test if you wish to become lecturer for central government colleges. If you are applying for lectureship in state government funded colleges then it is important to appear for SET exam of that particular state.

National Eligibility Test is conducted by University Grants Commission. It has been made mandatory by the central government for all the candidates interested in college lectureship and PhD to appear for this exam. No government college would offer you lecturer job unless you have passed the NET exam.

This exam takes place two times a year. Both times it is conducted by the University Grants Commission. The UGC issues a notification to announce the dates of the exam and details about application process. You need to submit the application online via the official website of the UGC-NET.

Other details regarding fee and how to submit it is also available on the official website of the UGC-NET.

Eligibility

1. NET exam is opened for candiadates of Indian origin.

2. Candidates having completed master degree can apply for NET.

3. Must have scored 55 percent marks in post graduation.

4. 50 percent marks in case of SC/ST.

5. Final year students of master degree course can also apply.

6. To avoid disqualification such candidates should submit their degree within 2 years of completing the NET exam.

7. There is no upper age limit for Lectureship.

8. You are free to appear for NET exam as many times as you would like.
2nd October 2012, 03:00 PM
jal navya

Smile Re: Is it necessary to pass NET after doing a job in degree college as a professor?

hello,

yes it is very necessary to pass NET exam if you want to be a PROFESSOR/LECTURER in a central government college.

and for NET EXAM you first should be post graduated and passed with the minimum 55% from the recognized university.

its conducted by JGC.

IF YOU don,t want to do this then you should have to apply for PH D .

all the best

thank you
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?