8th May 2011, 11:37 AM
Unregistered

Which are the options other than engineering after 12th?

I am Rohan. I appeared in CBSE this year. I also appeared in some engineering entrance exam viz. aieee uptu etc. but results are not favourable. Now I want to know other options other than engineeringfor career making. Please mention your contact number for further correspondenc with the answer of the question

Thanking you

Related Questions:
11th May 2011, 12:37 PM
Gita Irudhayaraj
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Which are the options other than engineering after 12th?

hi rohan, there are many field other than engineering.

so, there is no need to worry about it.
1) you can go for Arts and science:
B.Sc., BBA etc.,
2) Other diploma courses you can try
3) computer courses which will give a job you can try also that.

please refer others before you join in field.

if you any doubts, please mail to:[email protected]
All the best.
12th May 2011, 08:35 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Which are the options other than engineering after 12th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am Rohan. I appeared in CBSE this year. I also appeared in some engineering entrance exam viz. aieee uptu etc. but results are not favourable. Now I want to know other options other than engineeringfor career making. Please mention your contact number for further correspondenc with the answer of the question

Thanking you
Don't get depressed you have many other options if you have not done good with your AIEEE and other entrances .

If you don't have any emergency to complete your Engineering in the hurry bury just think up on drop plan . It worked out for many of my friends

This nothing but you should drop for going into engineering need to prepare for IIT JEE or AIEEE for the whole year and crack the exam at the end

Most of them think this way as a risk but I don't feel so there are many advantages if you do this ,like you can learn the subject with perfection which will make your base strong in engineering

Don't think it as a time waste because if you waste your time now for learning is not a bad thing but after doing b.tech from an ordinary college without any placements you have to struggle at least for 2 years to get a good position

as you know about NIT's and IIT's they are best in their class so think up on it

you will become a good engineer if you do your Bachelors in IIT rather than doing it in a sub standard college.

Don't go away from engineering . because this is the course you have the most opportuinities across the world.If you do now or later do it ..Don't opt for many other course .The job market at present is at full swing so the engineers are in heavy need all over the world.

So take a wise decision

Regards

~AdityA~
13th May 2011, 12:23 AM
vasu&sakshi

Smile Re: Which are the options other than engineering after 12th?

you can choose:
BSc,BCA,computer course etc
13th May 2011, 05:08 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Which are the options other than engineering after 12th?

Quote:

Thanking you
-> CBSE syllabus is one of the toughest syllabus which is followed for higher secondary studies and thats even a plus point to get admission in various colleges, because in most of colleges give preferences to CBSE students.

-> So don't lose your hope if you have not got through AIEEE, UPTU etc. just try to go with engineering course in some of the leading private colleges where studies, placements, teaching etc will be more or less same as in IIT and other government colleges.

-> Some of the top private college in India for engineering are as follows..

-> BITS, Pilani

-> PSG, Coimbatore

-> Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal

-> VIT, Vellore

-> MIT, Pune

-> Nirma Institute of Technology, Ahemedabad

-> Amity School of Engineering and Technology, Noida.

-> These are some of the good private colleges which offers engineering course just try to enroll yourself in any one of those, to know more about various other top colleges CLICK HERE!!!

-> So don't lose your hope and go for engineering course because other than that you have only arts course in hand to do which is not preferable for better future and success..
13th May 2011, 06:23 PM
SonalSinghal

Default Re: Which are the options other than engineering after 12th?

Hi Dear,

After 12th, there are so many options like designing, medical, technical, ca etc. You can choose any of these as per your choice and preference. As per my opinion, nowadays CA and designing line is very grooming, if you have interest in any of these sector than you can consider any of these two courses. Also, various institutes and academes are accessible that are providing best education in this field. ICAI is very popular for CA and dia is best for designing. consider these institutes and nurture your career as per your interest. Best of luck!!!

thanks,
21st May 2011, 12:03 AM
Unregistered

plz suggest me a best degree before MBA .if i choose commerce as my HIGHER SECONDARY GROUP what degree can i take before joining MBA?is it rhave a good carreer opportunity?
13th December 2011, 07:58 PM
Sayyed Shahrukh

Hi Friend,
I am also the Engineering Student so I give you a suggestion.

There are many options after 12th but you should not leave engineering because Engineer Makes the life different .! If you interested in Engineering then you should do the engineering.If you should not interest in Engineering then Go as your interest.

Take a best decision because it's a life turning point.

Best of luck!
14th December 2011, 12:01 AM
nikeetaa muthiyan

Thumbs up Re:

Quote:

Thanking you
Dear friend,
There are many fields other than engg. after 12th
1.You can do Interior Designing cources.
2.Can do B.sc (Bachelor In Science)
3.Can do BBA (Bachelor In Bussiness administration)
4.Can do BCS
5.Many diploma cources
6.Event management cources

Best Of Luck !!!
Choose The Best....
31st January 2012, 01:39 PM
selva786

Quote:

Thanking you
After the completion of 12th you may go for higher studies there are various field in the higher studies.
1.medical
2.Arts and science
*physics
*chemistry
*maths
31st January 2012, 04:04 PM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: Which are the options other than engineering after 12th?

Quote:

Thanking you
Dear Aspirant

Nice to see that you have completed your 12th standard from CBSC Board.

-Well there are many options or courses for you to build your career other than Engineering. You can choose any according to your interest. These courses will really help you to get succeed in your career.

The Courses available for you are as follows :->

B.Sc(Bachelor of Science)

BCA{Bachelor of Computer Application}

B.Com{Bachelor of commerce}.

BBA{Bachelor of Business Administration}

BCA{Bachelor of Computer Application}

CA{Chartered Accountant}, ICWA

CS(Company Secretory)

BHM, Hotel Management

B.Sc(Bachelor of Science)

BBM(Bachelor of Business Management)

Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical/Civil/IT/Electronics

Diploma and Degree in Fashion Design, Fashion Marketing and Management

Diploma and Degree in Graphic Design

Diploma and Degree in Jewellery Design

Diploma in 3D Animation- Expert

Other than these there are many service available for you in Defence, Government & Private sector

After 12th, you can Join Indian Army, Navy Air force through NDA{National Defence Academy} exam conducted by UPSC{Union Public Service Commission} Every year. For more detail Click Here

After 12th, You can join Bank jobs by giving entrance exam conducted by IBPS{Institute of Banking Personnel Section} held twice a year. For more Detail Click Here

After 12th, you also have option for lots of SSC{Staff Selection Commission} jobs available for You. For more detail Click Here

Good Luck...

WITH REGARDS
4G Solutions
31st January 2012, 04:26 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

After 12th other then engineering there are many options in front of you which you can choose according to your suitability and interest.

If you have Biology as one of the subject in the 12th, you can appear for Medical entrance exam.

You can opt for undergraduate study as per your interest:-

Bachelor degree in Arts, Science or Commerce and apply for various job like IAS,IPS,IFS,IRS etc. or apply for bank job, Railway job, you can appear for Defence service through appearing for CDS

After 12th you can appear for NDA exam if you are interested for Defence Service.

You can opt for many professional courses after 12th such as:-

LL.B. CA, BCA, BBA, Hotel Management, Mass Communication etc.

So there are many options for you and according to your interest you can opt for the courses.
31st January 2012, 04:27 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
most of the people give importance only to a few disciplines namely engineering and medical but they do not recognise other course. But the truth is that all the courses are equally important and they too have good demand.
The various fields which a science aspirant can do includes bachelor degree in computer application, bachelor degree in science if you wish you can also do fields related to commerce , business mathematics namely BBA, B.COM etc.
In B.sc Degree itself you have various disciplines which includes physics, chemistry, botany, zoology, micro biology, nano technology, biotechnology etc. The main advantage of there courses is that the duration of course is three year which is one year less than the engineering degree. Further you can excel in there fields too provided you have the necessary skills. The degree you do do not matters but choose your field of interest and put full efforts so that you can excel in it.
31st January 2012, 04:55 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

There are many options available for you after 12th other than Engineering-

1. As the Hotel Industries are at their Boom now a days so You can go for BBA course ,BBM courses,Hotel management courses as they offer a very good salary package too.

2. you can choose computer hardware or any short term courses.

3. You can also go for Law one of the most lucarative career option these days. You would be completing B.sc in Law being a science graduate or simply BA LLB of 5 years long.

4. You can try for NDA examination which is held by UPSC 2 times in a year.

NDA eligibility-
Only unmarried male candidates are allowed to appeared in the NDA examination..
age must be between 16-1/2 to 19 years
12th appearing or appeared students are eligible....
Only Maths students are eligible for applying NDA examination.

For more details visit to-
www.upsc.gov.in

5. You can go for Fashion designing courses,Interior designing courses,animation etc.
31st January 2012, 04:56 PM
mani_baban

-> CBSE syllabus is one of the toughest syllabus which is followed for higher secondary studies and thats even a plus point to get admission in various colleges, because in most of colleges give preferences to CBSE students.

-> So don't lose your hope if you have not got through AIEEE, UPTU etc. just try to go with engineering course in some of the leading private colleges where studies, placements, teaching etc will be more or less same as in IIT and other government colleges.

-> Some of the top private college in India for engineering are as follows..

-> BITS, Pilani

-> PSG, Coimbatore

-> Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal

-> VIT, Vellore

-> MIT, Pune

-> Nirma Institute of Technology, Ahemedabad

-> Amity School of Engineering and Technology, Noida.

-> These are some of the good private colleges which offers engineering course just try to enroll yourself in any one of those, to know more about various other top colleges CLICK HERE!!!

-> So don't lose your hope and go for engineering course because other than that you have only arts course in hand to do which is not preferable for better future and success..
31st January 2012, 05:05 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Except Medical line a student can for for many program like as bellow:-

A>>If you have Interest in Engineering Scope

You should go through

1) All India Engineering Entrance Exam(AIEEE)
2) IIT-JEE.
3) BITS Admission Test
4) All India Common Entrance Test(AICET)
5) Indian Institute of Maritime Studies Entrance Exam(IIMSEE)
6) National Aptitude Test in Architecture(NATA)
7) National Institute of Technology (NIT)
8)WBJEE
etc.

B>>If you have Interest in general line

B.Sc in Physics,Chemistry,Math
B.Sc in IT,
B.Sc in Computer Sc.
BCA

C>>If you have Interest in Management line:

BBA,
Hotel Management

D>>If you have Interest in accountancy : line:

B.Com
31st January 2012, 05:12 PM
sahaja mallarapu

Quote:

Thanking you
Hi Rohan...

dont worry about the result. not just engineering you have many other options also.
after 12th you can go for
BCA
BBA
BSC with subjects of your choice.
Hotel Management
Fashoin Designing
other diploma courses like
web designing
Animation
Network related courses
Photography etc
these all will make good future if you are interested and hardworking.

All the best.
31st January 2012, 05:40 PM
pragati kashyap

hey Rohan engineering is not only the option there are many more.you can go for BSC . you can also try for NDA its best for boys or if you have interest in another field then you can go for it ,it will more beneficial and interesting for you and you can do good in it.
31st January 2012, 08:26 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

Hello don't tensed as you passed 12th with PCM with additional subject computer science, is one of the best combination in 12th standard.

-> This will not be good decision for you to drop for one year. It will better for you to
take admission in any of the nearby good college .

-> After 12th with such great combination there are so many option where you can get
admission any of the following :

1. Can go for Hon-ours graduate degree choosing any of the following four subject.
2. BCA is one of the option,
3. BBA is another option to you,
4. M.C.A.
5. M.B.A.

all the best.
13th February 2012, 04:35 PM
unagi

There are a lot of exams conducted by GPSC so can you please tell me the name of the exam for which you wanted to apply and the different exams conducted by GPSC are:
Assistant Engineer (Civil), Class-2
Tutor in Anaesthesiology
Commercial Tax Inspector, Class-3
Advt. 72/2011-12
Tutor in Physiology
Tutor in Microbiology
Tutor in Biochemistry
Tutor in Anatomy
Industrial Safety & Health Officer
Joint Director, Industrial Safety & Health
Deputy Director, Industrial safety & Health
Principal / Senior Surveyor & its Equivalent Posts
Tutor, Radiotherapy
Tutor, Ophthalmology
Tutor, Preventive & Social Medicine
Tutor, General Anatomy
Tutor, Community Dentistry
Tutor, Prosthetic Dentistry
Tutor, Dental Materials
Tutor, Pedodontia
Tutor, Oral Diagnosis & Radiology
Assistant Professor, Ophthalmology
Advt No. 59/09-10
Administrative Officer (Directorate Of Museum)
Tutor, Forensic Medicine
Tutor, Periodontia
Tutor, Operative Dentistry
Tutor in Forensic Medicine
Tutor in Radiology
Tutor in Periodontia
Tutor in Operative Dentistry
Dental Surgeon (G. M. S.)
Insurance Medical Officer (E.S.I.S.)
Drugs Inspector (Food & Drugs Control Admin.)
Drugs Inspector (Food & Drugs Control Admin.)
Tutor, Orthodontia
Tutor, Pathology
Tutor, Pharmacology
Tutor, General Surgery
Tutor in Biochemistry
Tutor in Pharmacology
Tutor in Anatomy
Lecturer, Chemistry (Polytechnic)
Lecturer, English (Polytechnic)
Lecturer, Physics (Polytechnic)
Lecturer, Mathematics (Polytechnic)
Lecturer, Chemistry (Engg. College)
Lecturer, English (Engg. College)
Lecturer, Physics (Engg. College)
Lecturer, Mathematics (Engg. College)
Lecturer at Govt. Pharmacy (Diploma) College
Lecturer at Govt. Pharmacy (Degree) College
GPSC stand for Gujarat Public Service Commission and this committee conducts the various examination for the recruitment of candidates for the State Civil services like Police service and Engineering service.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR THE EXAM IS:

1)You must be an INDIAN Citizen

2)Your educational qualification must be a graduation in any field from any recognized University.

3)If you are in the final year of graduation then also you are eligible for the exam.

4)Your age must be between 21 years to 30 years.

Relaxation for the Reserved categories
FOR SC/ST : 5 years
FOR OBC : 3 years
5)NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS:
FOR GENERAL CATEGORY: 4 Attempts
FOR SC/ST CATEGORY : No limit
FOR OBC CATEGORY : 7 attempts

GOOD LUCK.
14th February 2012, 10:14 PM
unagi

If You Need The Information regarding top Colleges in Hyderabad, then please Dont worry, I have provide you the names of some best engineering colleges in Hyderabad. So, please check these colleges if you are interested in Engineering Course.

Top Engineering Colleges -

ICFAI Institute of Science and Technology

International Institute of Information Technology

Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Technology

Shadan College of Engineering and Technology

University College of Engineering

Vardhaman College of Engineering

St.Martin's Engineering College.
23rd April 2013, 09:22 PM
nitya27

there are many options for you

b.com

b.sc

b.ed

b.a

bba

bca

bbm

bmm

ca

cs

icwai

law

army

navy

mangement

teacher

ias

ips

pilot

air force

etc...still thier are many..

Gudluck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?