18th January 2020, 11:53 AM
Mokanapriya

Is Optometry students eligible to apply for Indian Forest Services (IFS) examination?

Sir, I am studying Optometry final year in Agarwal Institute of Optometry but I am interested in studies about nature, animals, any thing which is different. I heard about IFS exam and its eligibility. I have asked in different institutions about the exam but they did not give clear answer. My question is am I eligible for this IFS exam and if not then what things I need to do to write IFS exam?

19th January 2020, 04:21 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Optometry students eligible to apply for Indian Forest Services (IFS) examination?

Eligibility to become an IFS Officer-

The candidate must possess a degree from an Indian University or an equivalent qualification.

The candidate must have attend the age of 21 years on 1st August of the year of examination and must not have attained 30 years of age on that date.
The upper age limit will be relaxed by 3 years for OBC candidates in 5 years for SC / ST candidates.

The maximum number of attempts is a 7 for general category students and 9 for OBC students and no restriction for SC and ST students.

Hence, you are eligible.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?