18th March 2012, 09:25 PM
Swathi.pandu

Pattern of GATE entrance exam of M.Tech in detail? What is the eligibility score required to qualify?

I want to know the pattern of GATE entrance exam of m.tech in detail eligibility score to qualify in it

Related Questions:
  1. Pattern of GATE entrance exam of M.Tech in detail? What is the eligibility score required to qualify?
  2. Can I do M.Tech after B.E.? Is GATE compulsory?
  3. Required Marks to score in GATE Exam to get admission for M.Tech? Does it necessary to qualify in GATE Exam to join M.Tech?
  4. MTech admission in computer science and engineering without qualifying GATE exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Does GATE be the only Entrance Exam to join M.Tech? Career Opportunities after doing M.Tech? Will Companies hire on the basis of GATE score?
  6. How much score is required in GATE to get admission?
  7. Which are the M.Tech courses in IIST Trivandrum? When is the entrance exam conducted for M.Tech course? Is it possible for admission through GATE score?
  8. Can I get admission for M.Tech in IIT having scored 34.33 marks in GATE Exam with a score of 348 being a candidate from SC category?
  9. Eligibility for Mtech, MTech(Res), Phd in streams like Biotechnology/Biomedical Engineering after Qualifying GATE? I am B.Pharm. student
  10. How to crack GATE 2016 without coaching? -- [New]
  11. Details about M.Tech entrance exam?
  12. PHD in ECE without Gate score card or CSIR UGC NET score?
  13. What kind jobs are there in central government sector for B.Tech CSE students?
  14. Which is the entrance exam for getting into M.Tech Petroleum Course? Is it possible to take admission without GATE score?
  15. How to take admission in M.Tech after passing GATE CS with 31.33? How can I make use of GATE score?
  16. Minimum marks required to qualify the GATE entrance exam?
  17. When will be the Entrance Exam to get admission for M.Tech in BITS Pilani? When can I get forms for this? Which degree I can receive from BITS Pilani between M.Tech and ME?
  18. Can I do Mtech in biotechnology with 32 Score in GATE exam?
11th July 2012, 12:44 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Pattern of GATE entrance exam of M.Tech in detail? What is the eligibility score required to qualify?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swathi.pandu View Post
I want to know the pattern of GATE entrance exam of m.tech in detail eligibility score to qualify in it
Marks distribution

There are a total of 65 questions in the Gate exam. The maximum marks to be obtained are 100.

There is not exact marks distribution for each particular subject. However Engineering mathematics and general aptitude have the highest weightage of 15% each. It means engineering mathematics question will carry a total of 15 marks and General Aptitude questions will carry a total of 15 marks.

The remaining 70% marks are constituted by the questions from your respective engineering subjects.

In the paper there will also be some questions having common data, it means the same data will have to be used to answer more than one question

Some questions will be linked to each other. It means to answer a question you must have the solution of the previous problem.

In the General Aptitude section there will be five objective type questions of on mark each and 5 objective questions of 2 marks each.
Hence a total of 15 marks.

In the Engineering Mathematics section there will be 7 multiple choice question of 1 mark each and 4 objective questions of 2 marks each.
Hence a total of 15 marks.

The remaining 44 questions will carry 70 marks and will be asked from the subjects of your engineering Branch as given in the syllabus.

Usually there are 2 pairs of Linked questions and 2 pairs of common data questions but this pattern is not fixed and can change from one year to another.

Negative marking scheme

No marks are deducted for the Numerical answer type questions So you must attempt these questions. And 1/3 marks will be deducted for 1 mark questions, 2/3 marks will be deducted for 2 mark questions.

In case of linked questions 2/3 marks will be deducted for the first wrong answer and no marks will be deducted for the second one.

So in case you have attempted the first questions of the linked pair then attempt the second for sure

Qualifying marks

It can change from one year to another. It is the average of the total marks obtained by all the candidates appearing in the examination.
11th July 2012, 01:02 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Pattern of GATE entrance exam of M.Tech in detail? What is the eligibility score required to qualify?

Hello Friend............

The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an All-India Examination conducted by the Seven IITs and IISC, Bangalore, on behalf of the Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD), Government of India. The objectives of GATE is to identify meritorious and motivated candidates for admission to Postgraduate Programs Engineering at the National level. Every year one IIT or IISc is selected as the Organizing Institute.

GATE Eligibility : -

The candidates with following academic background are eligible to appear in GATE 2012 Examination:

<> arrow Bachelor's degree holders Engineering/ Technology/Architecture/Pharmacy (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.

<> arrow Master degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.

<> arrow Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master's degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology or in the third or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master's degree programme and Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.

<> arrow Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognised by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed Section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.status.

********all the best***********
regards...........
tash
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?