5th March 2016, 12:44 AM
Unregistered

Possibility to make a career in Defence Services through NIOS Board?

Sir,
I got failed in 12th CBSE Board. I want to make my career in Defence Services. Is NIOS is applicable for this? Should I try in NIOS? Please reply to me immediately.

5th March 2016, 05:35 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to make a career in Defence Services through NIOS Board?

If you can pass class 12th from NIOS then surely you will become eligible for NDA exam but selection will be based on performance in written exam and SSB interview.

Also, you can pursue graduation after NIOS class 12th. Degree is the required qualification for exams like CDS which is conducted by UPSC.
5th March 2016, 10:07 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to make a career in Defence Services through NIOS Board?

Yes, NIOS certificate is applicable to apply for defence service exams.

NIOS certificates are valid and recognized and it is equivalent to other national and state education boards.

The candidates who have obtained pass certificates from NIOS board can apply for all competitive exams held in India including defence service examinations.
5th March 2016, 11:49 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes, NIOS is also a reputed board and you can try in Defence Services after passing with NIOS also.

Eligibility criteria are as under:-

Candidate must have passed 12th with at least 60% aggregate from a recognized university.

Candidate age should not less than 16 years and not more than 20 years.

Candidate which are under reserved category get 5% relaxation as determined by government.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?