13th February 2019, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

Possibility of getting direct 2nd year admission in PUC after Diploma?

I have completed my 3 years full time Diploma in Mechanical which I started just after my 10th. Now, can I take direct 2nd PUC correspondence in Commerce stream?

15th February 2019, 10:42 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility of getting direct 2nd year admission in PUC after Diploma?

No, there is no provision or rule of direct admission to second year of PUC (Pre University course) for students having completed their three year diploma degree course.

So, if you are interested to pursue to pursue higher secondary school degree course, you are start from Class 11th.
15th February 2019, 04:09 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility of getting direct 2nd year admission in PUC after Diploma?

No, candidates pursuing in diploma course are not eligible to get admission in 2nd year of PUC.

There is no lateral admission in the course.

So, you have to take admission in 1st year of course and then only become eligible to get admission in 2nd year.
15th February 2019, 04:35 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

** As per my knowledge, you are eligible to get admission in 12th class after completing the Diploma course.

** You can apply for the board exam of 10+2 as a private candidate from Central Board of Secondary Education.

** Those candidates who have passed 10th standard or an equivalent examination from any Government recognized board is eligible to pursue 12th standard.
15th February 2019, 04:59 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

There is no lateral entry in 2nd year of PUC after diploma course.

So, you have to take admission in 1st year and then only you will become eligible to get admission in 2nd year and appear for the examination.
15th February 2019, 06:15 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

The common eligibility to get admission in PUC is that candidate must have passed 10th from a recognised board.

So, candidates passed diploma are not eligible to get admission in the course through lateral entry and have to take admission in the 1st year of course.
15th February 2019, 08:47 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

There is no lateral entry in 2nd year of PUC after diploma course.

So, you are eligible to get admission in the course after the diploma course.

But you are eligible to get admission in B.Tech course through lateral entry in 2nd year of course.
15th February 2019, 09:08 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get direct second year admission in PUC after diploma.

The candidate should have passed diploma course are eligible to get admission in 2nd year of engineering course directly.

PUC and diploma courses both will be given equal importance.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?