10th October 2018, 08:41 AM
Unregistered

Possibility to study BTech in Mumbai for a Diploma Civil student of Karnataka?

Hello Sir, I am doing Diploma course in Civil Engineering in Karnataka. After completing my Diploma, I want to do my BTech course in Mumbai. So, is it possible for me to do BTech in Mumbai? Please help me to know about this asap.

15th October 2018, 01:14 AM
Subjectexpert

Default Re: Possibility to study BTech in Mumbai for a Diploma Civil student of Karnataka?

Yes, you are eligible.

Eligibility for B.Tech Civil Engineering Lateral Entry in Mumbai University

Candidates with 3 year Diploma in engineering from the State Board of Technical Education or any other acknowledged institution are eligible to apply for the B.Tech program under the lateral entry scheme.

For students from economically backward categories whose family income does not cross Rs.4.5 lakh /year. Minimum- 55% aggregate is required.

Admission is done through State level Lateral Entry examination
15th October 2018, 01:39 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study BTech in Mumbai for a Diploma Civil student of Karnataka?

Yes, it is possible for a diploma candidate of Karnataka to get admission in Bachelor of Technology in Mumbai. There are two gateways for you. One is through Lateral Entry Entrance Test of Maharashtra State government. You need to have minimum of 60% marks in diploma to apply for LEET exam

Second gateway is through Joint Entrance Examination. Admission to IITs can be possible for diploma candidate through JEE exam.
15th October 2018, 11:53 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Diploma candidates can apply for Lateral Entry Entrance Test to get admission in Bachelor of Technology.

*You must have minimum of 50% marks in diploma to apply for LEET exam for admission in second year of Bachelor of Technology in Maharashtra.

*Diploma candidates are also eligible for admission in IITs for B.Tech course.
15th October 2018, 04:23 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

There is possibility for diploma civil candidates to get admission in Bachelor of Technology in Mumbai. You can apply for Maharashtra LEET examination. LEET stands for Lateral Entry Entrance Test.

2. Diploma candidates need to have minimum of 60% marks to apply for LEET exam.

3. Diploma candidates can apply for Joint Entrance Examination for admission in Indian Institute of Technology.
15th October 2018, 08:20 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Diploma candidates are eligible for admission in Bachelor of technology course.

The eligibility criteria for LEET exam:

Diploma candidate must have at least 60% marks in it to apply for exam.

Through LEET, you can get admission in second year of engineering.
15th October 2018, 09:14 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Interstate admission in engineering colleges are possible.

Diploma candidates can either take direct admission in Mumbai engineering colleges or apply for Lateral Entry Entrance test of Maharashtra state government.

You need to have at least 60% marks in diploma for admission in B.Tech course.
15th October 2018, 09:43 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes it is possible to pursue B.Tech in Mumbai after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering from Karnataka.
There is no any objection regarding college changing or state changing.
You can pursue from anywhere within the country or outside of country.
There will be no any objection.
But you can get admission through lateral entry.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?