31st July 2018, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to study BTech(Civil Engineering) for Mechanical Diploma student?

Sir, I have got admission in Mechanical Engineering in my Diploma course. I have wanted Civil but I haven’t got it. So, I would like to know that after my Diploma can I choose to study Civil Engineering in BTech.

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to study B.Tech(Electrical Engineering) for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
  2. Possibility to study B.Tech(Chemical Engineering) for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
  3. Possibility to study B.E. in Sound Engineering for Mechanical student?
  4. Possibility to study AMIE Civil for Mechanical Diploma holder?
  5. Possibility to get government job for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
  6. Possibility to study B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
  7. Procedure to study in IIT for Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
  8. Procedure to study B.Tech in USA for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering student?
  9. Possibility to study Mechanical Engineering Diploma course for ITI Mechanical Draughtsman? List of colleges?
  10. Possibility to study Mechanical Engineering for Diploma in Civil Engineering student through JELET?
  11. How can I get admission to study B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) after completing Diploma course?
  12. How to study in marine engineering after passing diploma mechanical engineering after completing diploma -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Possibility to study BTech(Civil Engineering) for Mechanical Diploma student? -- [New]
  14. Possibility to secure BTech 2nd year admission for Diploma Mechanical student?
  15. Admission procedure to study Diploma in Mechanical Engineering for a candidate who has secured 45% in 10th?
  16. Possibility to study B.Tech in Mechanical engineering after Diploma in Marine engineering? Where should I go for it?
  17. How to study diploma in mechanical engineering? I am a mechanical course student from NCVT
  18. Possibility of getting admission in B.Tech through SLIET for diploma in Mechanical Engineering student?
3rd August 2018, 05:14 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study BTech(Civil Engineering) for Mechanical Diploma student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I have got admission in Mechanical Engineering in my Diploma course. I have wanted Civil but I haven’t got it. So, I would like to know that after my Diploma can I choose to study Civil Engineering in BTech.

Yes, it is possible to study BTech Civil Engineering for Mechanical diploma student. Candidates who have passed 3 years Diploma in engineering granted by the Board of Technical Education of a State Government with at least 45% marks are eligible to study BTech Civil Engineering through lateral entry admission. Candidates have to appear for an entrance examination (lateral entry entrance examination) for the admission to study BTech. Selected candidates are admitted directly to the 2nd year of the BTech course.
4th August 2018, 10:38 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study BTech(Civil Engineering) for Mechanical Diploma student?

You are not eligible to change the stream in B.Tech course after getting the admission through lateral entry.

Candidates are eligible to get admission in only the stream in which one had completed the diploma.

So, you are eligible to pursue B.Tech in Mechanical engineering only.
5th August 2018, 08:24 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to get admission in Civil Engineering course.

Candidate passed Diploma course in Mechanical engineering are only eligible to get admission in Mechanical engineering course through lateral entry.

Candidate are eligible to get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech through lateral entry.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?