18th August 2018, 10:51 AM
Mohan D Suroshe

Possibility to study distance PhD(Maths) for Organic Chemistry postgraduate?

Sir, I have done MSc in Organic Chemistry. However I want to do PhD in Maths through distance education. So, is it possible for me? Please help me to know about the possibility immediately. Waiting for your response. Thank you!

19th August 2018, 08:40 AM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study distance PhD(Maths) for Organic Chemistry postgraduate?

No, studying PhD in maths after masters in organic chemistry.

PhD (Doctor of Philosophy) in maths is a doctorate level degree. The duration of the course is 3 years.

The basic eligibility required is a post graduation/ masters or its equivalent education in mathematics/ physical science or its related subject from any recognised university.

Since you have studied your post graduation education in organic chemistry which is not related to mathematics you cannot study PhD in mathematics.
20th August 2018, 10:53 AM
Anwesha Banerjee15

Default Re: Possibility to study distance PhD(Maths) for Organic Chemistry postgraduate?

PhD through distance education can be done from open universities like IGNOU and others. However, the degree granted through distance education will not be recognized as stated by UGC. only full-time and part-time degrees will be recognized.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?