1st December 2018, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to study MBA for BCom graduate with 44% marks?

Respected Sir/Madam, I have secured 44% in my BCom with Accountancy Honours from Pondicherry University. I want to study MBA course now. But I have scored very less percentage. So, is it possible for me to study MBA course?

2nd December 2018, 05:23 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Wink Re: Possibility to study MBA for BCom graduate with 44% marks?

Eligibility criteria for Indian students for MBA course:

Graduates who have finished their studies with more than 55% marks can apply for the MBA course.

There is no age limit for this course.

Students will have to write an entrance exam such as MAT/CAT/XAT or ATMA to get admitted into the course.
2nd December 2018, 11:12 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study MBA for BCom graduate with 44% marks?

MBA stands for Master of Business Administration. The duration of Master of Business Administration course is two years. The basic eligibility required to get admission in Master of Business Administration course is the candidate must have passed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

As per my knowledge, the minimum percentage required for the admission of Master of Business Administration course is 50% for open and 45% for reserved category candidate so you are not eligible to get admission in Master of Business Administration course after 44% in graduation course.
2nd December 2018, 11:16 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Master of Business Administration is a Postgraduate Degree Course.

MINIMUM PERCENTAGE REQUIRED

** General Category = 50%

** Reserved category = 45%

The admission of the candidate will be done on the basis of CAT/MAT/XAT examination. As per your percentage marks in graduation, I think you are not eligible to study MBA course.
3rd December 2018, 08:00 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

In order to pursue MBA the candidate must have completed bachelor's degree with minimum aggregate of 50%.
As you have completed your BCom as you are eligible but your percentage is 44%, hence you are not eligible to apply for this course.

Entrance exams:

XAT

GMAT

MAT

NMAT
5th December 2018, 08:53 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

MBA refers to Master of Business Administration and it is a professional postgraduate degree course with a very good career scope in the business world.

The minimum education required for joining MBA degree course is a bachelor degree in any discipline a recognized university.

So, having completed your B.Com degree course with 44% marks, you can get admission in MBA degree course but you will not be able to get admission in good and popular business schools offering quality education and better job placement options as for admission in these the minimum marks required at bachelor's degree is 50%.

So, in my opinion you should reappear in your bachelor degree course to improve your marks in the same degree, so that you can apply for admission in colleges offering better future to MBAians.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?