10th April 2020, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to study MBBS after qualifying as a Civil Engineer?

I am a Civil Engineer with PCM in 12th grade. I choose engineering only because of my family but now I want to study MBBS. Is this possible? Will I be able to get admission in any medical colleges for studying MBBS? Will I have to write medical entrance exams?

13th April 2020, 03:01 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study MBBS after qualifying as a Civil Engineer?

You are not eligible to appear for NTA NEET on the basis of your educational qualification.

The minimum eligiblility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in std 12th from a recognised board in PCB as main paper.

There is no upper age limit to appear in the examination.

So, you will become eligible to appear in examination after 12th in PCB with minimum 50% aggregate.
13th April 2020, 11:24 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study MBBS after qualifying as a Civil Engineer?

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. The minimum academic qualification required for this course is that candidate must have done 12th from science stream and compulsory subjects must include Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Minimum of 50% marks in board exam of 12th is required.

Eligible candidates need to apply for National Eligibility cum Entrance test for admission in MBBS or BDS courses. If you have not studied Biology as a compulsory subject then you can not apply for MBBS course. To become eligible, 1st thing you have to do is to pursue 12th with PCB subjects.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?