28th September 2018, 11:19 AM
Unregistered

Possibility to study MCA course for BCom graduate with 10 years gap who haven't studied Maths in 12th?

Hi friends, I have done my BCom around 10 years ago from Ahmedabad. I have done 12th with Statistics. I haven't studied Maths in my 12th. Now, I want to study MCA course. So, is it possible for me to do MCA course?

30th September 2018, 12:39 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study MCA course for BCom graduate with 10 years gap who haven't studied Maths in 12th?

There is no limitation for gap year candidates to appear in entrance examination for admission in MCA course.

MCA is three year course and candidate passed bachelor degree with mathematics as paper in bachelor degree are eligible to appear in examination.

So, you can appear for entrance examination conducted to get admission in MCA course.
30th September 2018, 02:22 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to study MCA course for BCom graduate with 10 years gap who haven't studied Maths in 12th?

MCA is Master in Computer Application. It is three year course. Candidates have to appear and qualify in entrance examination conducted by various institutes for admission.

For admission in some of the institutes it is compulsory to have mathematics as main paper. So, kindly check the eligibility at official website.

Gap year is no bar to get admission in MCA course.
30th September 2018, 02:52 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

MCA refers to Master of Computer Application and it is three year master degree course with a very good career prospect in the software and IT world.

The minimum education required to pursue the same degree course is a B.Sc./ B.Sc. (Hons)/BCA/ BIT/B.E./B.Tech degree from a recognized university. Further, Mathematics as a main subject is compulsory in case of some colleges but not in all.

So, having completed your graduation in commerce i.e; B.Com without having Mathematics as a main subject at your Class 12th or graduation level, you are not eligible to pursue MCA degree course.
30th September 2018, 10:15 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The eligibility criteria to study Master of Computer Applications:

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree from a recognized university.

Mathematics must be a compulsory subject at 12th level to pursue MCA course.

Entrance exams: NIMCET, IIT JAM etc.

It is possible to pursue MCA course without studying mathematics at 12th level.
30th September 2018, 10:57 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

MCA stands for Master of Computer Applications. The academic qualification required to apply for MCA course is bachelor's degree in engineering or technology or computer application or science etc. Mathematics at 12th level is necessary for Master of Computer Application course.

No, you can not apply for MCA course without studying Mathematics at senior secondary level.
30th September 2018, 02:39 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

The eligibility to get admission in MCA course is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university with mathematics as paper in bachelor degree.

So, it is not compulsory to have mathematics or statistics in 12th but necessary to have it in bachelor degree.

You have to qualify in entrance examination for admission in the course. Entrance examination is conducted by NIMCET, IPU CET etc.
30th September 2018, 04:14 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

Mathematics is a mandatory subject for candidate who wants to pursue Master of Computer Application.

~~No upper age limit for MCA course. You can pursue it after ten years of bachelor's degree.

~~You can not study MCA course without Mathematics in 12th.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?