11th July 2016, 04:18 PM
Nanney

Is it possible to appear for N.D.A entrance exam after completing 12th from N.I.O.S without PCM?

Hello Sir, Can I appear for N.D.A entrance exam by passing 12th from National Institute of Open School ( N.I.O.S ) without doing PCM? Is it possible?

12th July 2016, 05:26 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to appear for N.D.A entrance exam after completing 12th from N.I.O.S without PCM?

Yes, it is possible to appear for N.D.A entrance exam after completing 12th from N.I.O.S without PCM. You can appear for Indian Military Academy of NDA.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy.It has three wings;

Indian Military Academy.

Indian Naval Academy.

Indian Air Force Academy.

UPSC (UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION) conducts NDA exam twice a year.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam :-

Nationality : Indian.

Age limit :16.5 years to 19.5 years.

Marital Status : only unmarried male candidate .

Academic qualification : 10+2 for Indian Military Academy and 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics for Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy.

Selection process :

Written examination

Personal interview by SSB.
12th July 2016, 03:35 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to appear for N.D.A entrance exam after completing 12th from N.I.O.S without PCM?

NDA stands for National Defence Academy. It is a Joint Services academy of the Indian Armed Forces namely Army, Navy and Air Force. To join in any of these Indian Armed Forces, you have to appear in NDA examination. The NDA examination is conducted by UPSC twice a year in the months of April and September every year.

Eligibility criteria required to appear in N.D.A examination is mentioned below :-

=> You must be an Indian National.

=> To join in Army, you should have passed 12th standard or equivalent from a Government recognised board.

For joining in Air Force or Navy, you must have studied Mathematics and Physics subjects in your 12th standard or equivalent from a Government recognised board.

=> You must be an Unmarried Male candidate within the age range of 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

=> You must be Physically and as well as Mentally healthy.

As per the information you have provided in your query, you have passed 12th standard without PCM from NIOS Board which is a recognised board, so, you are eligible to join only in Indian Army by appearing in NDA examination.
12th July 2016, 06:34 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Students passed from NIOS board have fully authority to appear in any competitive examination. So, You can appear for NDA. NDA is conducted twice a year by UPSC.

NDA Eligibility
- You must be Indian Citizenship.
- You should be unmarried male.
- You must have passed (10+2) in any stream for Army wing & (10+2) in science stream with physics and maths as a main subjects for Naval & Air Force wings.
- Your born should not be earlier than 2nd January/July , 1998 & not br later than 1st January/July , 2001 to appear NDA 2016.

Physical Standards
- You must be physically and mentally healthy.
- No evidence of weak body , any defects or under weight.
- Minimum acceptable height is 157.5 cms & 162.5 for Air Force wing.

NDA Exam Pattern

Paper I (Maths)
- Total Questions : 120
- Total Marks : 300
- Time Duration : 1.5 Hours

Paper II (General Ability)
- Total Questions : 150
- Total Marks : 600 (English : 200 Marks & General Knowledge : 400 Marks)
- Time Duration : 1.5 Hours

NDA Important Dates
- Notification Date : 18th June , 2016
- Last Date of Application : 15th July , 2016
- NDA Exam : 18th September , 2016
14th July 2016, 08:10 PM
anuradha1985

NDA stands for National defence academy and it has three part namely:--
Indian army
Navy
Air force

Eligibility criteria for NDA---

Candidate should be unmarried male
Candidate should be Indian.
Age should be in between 16.5 to 19.5 years.
Candidate must have 12th passed in science stream with mathematics.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?