26th December 2018, 05:32 PM

Is it possible to appear for TET exam without doing B.Ed?

Hello, I have done my MCA and I want to survive in teaching field. Can I write TET without B.Ed as I already have done 5 years of education in teaching field as a private tutor?

30th December 2018, 03:11 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to appear for TET exam without doing B.Ed?

It does not matter how many years you have done job in private sector. If there are some criteria for any entrance exam, it must be fulfilled.

Eligibility criteria for Teacher Eligibility Test:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university with minimum of 50% marks.

2. Bachelor of Education qualification is compulsory.

Without Bachelor of Education, you can not apply for TET exam.
30th December 2018, 05:27 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

=> As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to appear for TET exam without doing B.Ed.

=> In order to appear in TET examination, the candidate should have passed graduation or Post graduation with B.Ed course from a recognized university.

=> TET stands for Teachers Eligibility Test.
30th December 2018, 11:16 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

TET is the abbreviation form of Teacher Eligibility Test. This test is conducted by Central Government as well as State Government. Anyone aspiring to be a school teacher, have to qualify this exam to reach his goal.

Now come to your question, there are several eligibility criteria which you have to satisfy so that you can appear in this exam. The important one relevant to your question is students must complete 2 year B.Ed course . Without qualifying B.Ed, you can't sit for TET.

To know further about TET, click the link http://ctet.nic.in
31st December 2018, 05:53 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

TET stands for Teacher Eligibility Test. The minimum academic qualification required for this exam is bachelor's degree in any stream with minimum of 50% marks and Bachelor's of Education.

You can not apply for TET exam of Central or State government without having B.Ed as academic qualification.
31st December 2018, 11:46 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

TET is Teacher Eligibility Test. The entrance test is conducted for recruitment as teacher in government school.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree and have B.Ed qualification from a recognised university. There is no advantage of being a private tutor to appear for TET.
31st December 2018, 12:57 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

TET stands for Teacher Eligibility Test.

No, it is not possible to appear for TET exam without doing B.Ed.

You will have to do B.Ed to appear for TET exam.
31st December 2018, 03:24 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to appear for TET without B.Ed qualification if you have Diploma in Elementary education certificate.

So, you need atleast one of the above education certificate to appear for the examination. You will become eligible only after having the above qualification.
31st December 2018, 04:33 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

It is pre requisite to have B.Ed or D.Ed course to appear for TET examination which is conducted for selection as teacher in government schools.

So, you will have to pursue the course to become eligible to appear for the examination. The age limit and minimum required aggregate to appear for examination varies with state.

Kindly visit official website to get detail about it.
4th January 2019, 05:23 PM
Meg24

Hello,

For the Teacher's eligibility it is necessary to have a B.ed degree from a recognised Indian University.
Without this you are not eligible for the examination even if you have completed your post graduation degree in any subject with good marks
Good luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?