6th January 2019, 07:36 PM
Jayad khatri

Is it possible for an Arts candidate to pursue either Diploma in Engineering or B.Tech courses?

I am an Arts student and I'm very much interested in studying engineering. Is it possible to any Diploma courses in engineering or full time B.Tech in any branch if I clear any or all engineering entrance exams?

13th January 2019, 10:57 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for an Arts candidate to pursue either Diploma in Engineering or B.Tech courses?

B.Tech refers to Bachelor of Technology and it is a professional undergraduate degree course of four years for which the minimum education required is a Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects from a recognized board of examination.

So, having pursued your Class 12th in Arts stream, you are not eligible to pursue B.Tech degree course.

Further, you are even not eligible to pursue Diploma in Engineering degree ( two year course) on the basis of Class 12th education, but you can opt for the same on the basis of your Class 10th education after pursuing which you can look for the lateral entry to the B.Tech degree course.
15th January 2019, 07:32 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for an Arts candidate to pursue either Diploma in Engineering or B.Tech courses?

No, you are not eligible to appear for the admission in Diploma or B.Tech course after 12th in Arts stream.

The eligibility to appear for the examination to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main paper.

Candidates after qualifying in entrance test conducted by institute for admission in the course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?