29th May 2019, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to become a government school teacher after Intermediate?

I have completed my Intermediate Board exams. I wanted to teach class KG and lower classes in any government schools. So, am I eligible to become a government teacher? If not, then what should I do further to be eligible?

31st May 2019, 08:58 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to become a government school teacher after Intermediate?

The minimum education required for becoming a government school teacher is a Class 12th or equivalent followed by D.Ed ( Diploma in Education )/ D.El.Ed. (Diploma in Elementary Education) or any equivalent teacher training degree course with 50% or more marks from a recognized institute.

So, being a Class 12th passed candidate, you need to pursue either of the above mentioned teacher training course or equivalent and then qualify TET ( Teacher Eligibility Test ) such as CTET or any other state TETs. In case you hold the mentioned educational qualification, you will be eligible to apply for primary school teachers upto Class V.

31st May 2019, 10:34 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to become a government school teacher after Intermediate?

You are not eligible to appear for CTET until you will pursue D.El.Ed course.

So, you can pursue D.El.Ed course to become eligible to appear for CTET and after qualifying in it become eligible for final selection as teacher in government school as primary teacher.

31st May 2019, 10:39 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

If you want to be a primary teacher then after completion of 10+ 2 you have to pursue diploma in education 2 years course.
Then only you will be eligible to become a teacher of lower classes.

15th July 2021, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

I am become a teacher now after inter

4th April 2022, 01:05 AM
Unregistered

I faile in intermediate once. I have a degree of d.ed. Can i become a primary govt. teacher?

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?