2nd March 2019, 05:37 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to become a Primary School Teacher after Intermediate?

I have passed my 12th class from Arts stream. So, now you please tell me after that can I become a teacher? If not, then what are ways to become a teacher and teach in Primary Schools? What should I study further?

5th March 2019, 08:59 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to become a Primary School Teacher after Intermediate?

To become a primary school teacher you need to pursue NPTTor and NTT

NPTT is nursery primary teacher training and NTT is a nursery teacher training.

You can join teacher training institute to become a teacher.

NPTT is a teacher training course which makes you eligible to teach students up to class 5th and Eligibility of NPTT is 12th from any stream.

The duration of the course is 2 years.

NTT is a teacher training course which makes you eligible to teach students of nursery classes and eligibility for the course is 12th from any stream.

The duration of this course is one year.
5th March 2019, 09:25 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to become a Primary School Teacher after Intermediate?

If you are interested to become a primary school teacher then you must have minimum qualification of 12th standard along with diploma in education 2 years course.
Then you will have to appear in Teacher Eligibility Test or Central Teacher Eligibility Test.
7th March 2019, 11:15 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can become teacher in primary school after qualifying in CTET examination.

But, other than intermediate qualification, it is necessary to have D.Ed qualification.

So, if you do not have the required qualification then you are not eligible to appear for the examination and for selection as teacher in government school.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?