13th November 2010, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

Is it Possible to Change the Centre in IIT JEE Application Form?

I want to change my centre of iitjee exam 2011.i have posted my application form to delhi zone.on 11/11/2011
my residence is in gwalior but by mistake i selected delhi zone and my centre is noida but i want to change my center from noida to gwalior which come under kanpur zone .so what can i do to change my zone and centre?

13th November 2010, 11:01 PM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Is it Possible to Change the Centre in IIT JEE Application Form?

hi,

The thing u need to do is--> u have to mail the adminstrator of IIT JEE office(see ur brochure) and let them know about ur this problem.. They'll definitely reply u giving the solution...

Good luck
13th November 2010, 11:25 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it Possible to Change the Centre in IIT JEE Application Form?

dear friend

According to my knowledge, change of centre within a city, will not be accepted.

But, if you want to change the centre within the zone or outside the zone may be permitted with a request letter.

But for this, you should clearly indicate the Registration Number with valid reasons for the change the centre along with a draft of Rs. 500.

If you want to get more detail, then please visit the official sites or contact to the concerned department.
14th November 2010, 03:00 PM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

dear friend
you can't change the centre ,because this is clear written in the application form you will fill-up the form carefully. that's why this is not possible after fill-up the form but you should ask from your zone.then you willl find accurately answers.
14th November 2010, 03:31 PM
tirthak04

to the best of my knowledge and after looking through the iit website, i found out that you CAN change the centre by sending a request to the director of admissions by registered mail and including a small fee . for details you can check the admissions rules and regulations page of the iit brochure.
14th November 2010, 11:05 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend you cannot change your center for IIT exam..but if it is necessary you can call to concerned person for more information for further guidance.
10th January 2011, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

Sir i made a mistake in my application form. I wrote the address to hansi(haryana)in my application form and posted it but i wrote pincode of hisar(haryana) by mistake in app form. What should i do know?? How to inform iit roorkee(my zone) about it. Plz help. Their IVRS HELPLINE NUMBER IS NOT BEING RECIEVED BY ANYONE?? If there is no solution of this problem then can i inform iit about change of address so that they can send admit card to ri8 place. Plz help coz i am frustrated
24th January 2011, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

By the time of filling the application the CBSE exam time table for 2 was not announced. Now I learnt from CBSE time table that my daughter's Sanscrit exam falls on 11/04/2011 just after IIT exam and she is studying in Sri Satya Sai Higher Secondary School, Puttaparthi which is about 600 kms from our native place of Vijayawada. To avoid long and uncertain journey, we thought of changing the centre from Vijayawada to Bangalore. Is it possible to change the centre to Bangalore. If so what is procedure to follow to change the centre of same zone of Madras.
26th January 2011, 02:40 PM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
According to my knowledge, change of centre within a city, will not be accepted.

But, if you want to change the centre within the zone or outside the zone may be permitted with a request letter.

But for this, you should clearly indicate the Registration Number with valid reasons for the change the centre along with a draft of Rs. 500.

If you want to get more detail, then please visit the official sites or contact to the concerned department.
Thanks.
28th January 2011, 01:15 AM
abhimanyu2688

Hello Friend,
You cant change the examination center if you have submitted the application for IIT JEE.
There is no scope for changing the center if application form is submittrd.
But you can contact the concerned authorities regarding this.
Good Luck.
28th January 2011, 04:11 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to change my centre of iitjee exam 2011.i have posted my application form to delhi zone.on 11/11/2011
my residence is in gwalior but by mistake i selected delhi zone and my centre is noida but i want to change my center from noida to gwalior which come under kanpur zone .so what can i do to change my zone and centre?
you must call the iit jee authorities, and tell them about your problem. the contact details are given in the brochure of iit application form.only the iit authorities can solve your problem
29th January 2011, 06:01 PM
prtk.co

No ,it is not possible .You can not change your change your centre .It is against the rules.
25th February 2011, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

how to change councling center for IIT 2011
20th March 2011, 06:54 PM
HIMANSHU ADHIKARI

hi

it is not possible to change the centre in iit jee application form

but you may contact the authorities to seek for help if they could provide.

best of luck.
1st April 2011, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

hi... iI want to change my centre of iitjee exam 2011.i have posted my application form to delhi zone.on 11/03/2011 but i didn't receive any response till now .. so that i v called the iit roorkee more than 100 times but they never recieved my call please suggest me what can i do now.......as just an week is remain.... for jee

please suggest me ......on my mail id [email protected]
12th May 2011, 12:17 AM
Unregistered

How to change the Counseling Centre? Pl advise.
31st May 2011, 06:37 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

to the best of my knowledge and after looking through the iit website, i found out that you CAN change the centre by sending a request to the director of admissions by registered mail and including a small fee . for details you can check the admissions rules and regulations page of the iit brochure.
1st September 2011, 04:27 PM
kameshsriram

hi friend,

it is impossible to change your center as you have posted it to iit.
29th January 2013, 06:49 PM
ipmishra
Member+

HI
Am sorry to inform you that you cannot change your examination center now. The exam conductor goes through an elaborate process to set the exam centers and do not have any procedure to change it.
But you can try one thing. you can to the director of the conducting institute. He may help you. But instead of taking so much trouble it will b easier to give the exam in the alloted center.
good luck.
29th January 2013, 07:02 PM
ipmishra
Member+

HI
Am sorry to inform you that you cannot change your examination center now. The exam conductor goes through an elaborate process to set the exam centers and do not have any procedure to change it.
But you can try one thing. you can to the director of the conducting institute. He may help you. But instead of taking so much trouble it will b easier to give the exam in the alloted center.
good luck.
19th December 2014, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

What happens if the examination centre you have opted for is full?

I applied for JEE mains 2015 on 18/12/14. I chose the examination centre for the computer based test as Puducherry. after the transaction process was over,the site informed me that all seats were filled for the centre I chose. It also came to light that it isn't possible to change the mode of examination from computer to pen and paper although it is possible the other way round. please guide me as to what I should do about the centre.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?