21st June 2011, 06:48 PM
burhan443

Is it possible to do B.Tech after diploma in Civil Engineering?

is it possible to do b.tech after diploma in Civil Engineering? Can you tell me if its possible

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to study B.Arch for Diploma Civil Engineer?
  2. Job opportunities for Diploma Civil Engineer? List of distance colleges which offer B.Tech program?
  3. Is there any possibility to do B.Tech without entrance exam for Diploma Civil Engineer?
  4. Admission in Biotechnology or Civil engineering after diploma?
  5. Admission in Biotechnology or Civil engineering after diploma?
  6. What is the procedure followed for getting admission for Civil engineering after completion of diploma in civil engineering? -- [New]
  7. B.Tech in electrical engineering is possible after diploma in civil engineering?
  8. Can I do B.Tech. in Civil Engineering after diploma in Mechanical Engineering and four year work experience in the field of civil engineering?
  9. How to do B.Tech without appearing for entrance exam?
  10. Can I study B.Tech in Environmental Engineering if completed undergraduate in Civil Engineering?
  11. How to do B.Tech after pursuing diploma in civil engineering?
  12. Can I get admission in Lateral B.Tech(Civil Engineering) after completing Diploma in Architecture?
  13. How to start B.Tech after completing diploma in civil engineering
  14. Mr. Ummend Singh Bhati Group of College is AICTE accredited or not?
  15. List of distance engineering universities in which I can apply after completing diploma in Civil Engineering course?
  16. lateral admission in btech in civil Engineering after diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Admission in B.Tech after Diploma in Civil engineering at IIT Mumbai?
  18. Is it good to take B.Tech degree in Civil Engineering from Jamia Peer Muhammad University after diploma in civil engineering? Is it AICTE and UGC approved?
22nd June 2011, 01:39 AM
datSeance

Default tiffany sterling silver

great information you write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you.
22nd June 2011, 03:12 AM
goutham63
Junior Member+

Default Re: Is it possible to do B.Tech after diploma in Civil Engineering?

yes it is possible to do btech after diploma in any branch.if you write ECET exam you can be eligible for joining into any good collage if you get good rank in exam.by lateral entry method you can get direct admission into 2nd year btech without studying first year
22nd June 2011, 07:53 AM
frooty.scooty

Yes,you are eligible for B.Tech after diploma Eng.

You have to appear in the entrance exam.If you are qualified in that exam you can go for B.Tech.There will be only 3 years degree for you.

The minimum education required to pursue a B.Tech course is either 12th standard or a Diploma holder. Since you are a Diploma holder you have already have the basic knowledge in this field. So you are eligible to join the second year through the lateral entry scheme.

With a diploma you will get jobs in the relevant fields. But with an added B.Tech, they will have wider options.
22nd June 2011, 09:06 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can do B.tech after diploma in civil engineering...
you can take admission in any college who has LATERAL ENTRY FACILITY..in which you will get admission into 2nd year of B.Tech..

for IIT , it doesn't have any LATERAL entry facility so if you write IIT you have to do b.tech from 1st year itself but AIEEE colleges has...the same.

For most of the Engineering entrance exam eligibility is
  • If you are 12th class passout or appearing
  • else if you are diploma passout or appearing...
22nd June 2011, 09:30 AM
kritika@Hans

hello
of course dear you may definitely go for b.tech after doing diploma through lateral entry programme
so if you want to do this then indraprasth university will suit you the most.......
all the best
22nd June 2011, 09:39 AM

yes, there is lateral entry option. u can apply after ur diploma for btec. u wil able to take admisssion in 2nd year.

apply for all entrace test.

check in the websites.
22nd June 2011, 09:46 AM
Ruchikabhatia

Yes you can definitely do.. Priyanka is absolutely correct.
22nd June 2011, 10:37 AM
rachender singh

Thumbs up Re: Is it possible to do B.Tech after diploma in Civil Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by burhan443 View Post
is it possible to do b.tech after diploma in Civil Engineering? Can you tell me if its possible
yes u can do it
for it u must take admission in those college who has lateral entry facility
good luck
22nd June 2011, 11:26 AM
tiwari ayush

yes u can do it as various collages provide with this facility of getting admission in lateral entry
like indraprast universiti delhi
manipal university
22nd June 2011, 12:33 PM
omesh123

There are two ways to enrol for a B-Tech program.
First is you should have passed higher secondary schooling with Mathematics, Physic and Chemistry as your main subjects.
After this you can join any collage by writing Entrance examinations. Each state have their own engineering entrance examinations. Or if you are a geek you better try for IIT's. Their are other better institutes to chose like NIT's, VIT, BIT's etc. For details you can go to their websites.

Other way is to do a diploma engineering after you 10th or 12th and then join for a BTech Programme. By doing this you can join the course from second year ownwards. In this method you can only choose the trade that you had done in your diploma.

If you join diploma after 10th and then go for a BTech you would just pass out like a regular BTech student of your age or your class. But if you go after 12th you put in an extra two years.
22nd June 2011, 03:00 PM
siddharthkathuria

Red face Re: Is it possible to do B.Tech after diploma in Civil Engineering?

Quote:
yes...offcourse,you can go with lateral entry in b.tech 2nd year...and can continue in civil engineering..
all the best..
22nd June 2011, 04:07 PM
pmpmpradeep

Thumbs up Re: Is it possible to do B.Tech after diploma in Civil Engineering?

Yes,it is possible to take admission in b.tech after completing diploma in civil engineering.

You can take admission in any college who has LATERAL ENTRY FACILITY..in which you will get admission into 2nd year of B.Tech..

You can also do b.tech after passing 10+2 from PCM with good aggregate marks.
The best way of doing B.tech is through
1. IIT
2. AIEEE
3. CET organised by state government.

All the best for your future.
23rd June 2011, 12:49 AM
dabyAbats

Default Hello,every one

I am new,wish you have a nice day!
23rd June 2011, 01:33 AM
CHEELSSKETS

Default I am new,wish you have a nice day!

Hello,every one,I am new,wish you have a nice day!
23rd June 2011, 09:18 AM
kartavya99

Quote:
yes it is possible to get admission in 2nd year of b.tech. that is lateral entry.
25th June 2011, 12:00 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Yes, its possible to do b.tech after diploma in civil engineering program as a diploma is a 3 year program while B.tech needs 4 years to complete.But only some colleges like AIEEE has the lateral entry facility otherwise you have to get the admission from the very beginning through an entrance exam.
14th September 2011, 11:41 AM
Unregistered

what is the procedure or exam criteria for lateral entary in b tech civil in regular or part time /evening class in DTU after diploma in civil . what are the elegible conditions for that . I work in IIT Delhi , pleas suggest me some govt college which gives lateral admissions their entrance procedure &eligibility for that .
27th February 2012, 10:16 PM
manishsangwan8293

Unhappy Re: Is it possible to do B.Tech after diploma in Civil Engineering?

Quote:
yes u can get addmission in btech by giving leet examination in 2ndyear of btech
31st December 2021, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

Is it a good decision to take cse in btech after doing diploma in civil ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?