30th June 2012, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

Is possible to do IIT/B.tech after diploma in computer engineering?

Sir,i am a student of 2nd year diploma in computer engeneering.. Is it possible for me to do IIT(computer field) or B.tech please reply fast i am in great confussion ???

16th November 2012, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Is possible to do IIT/B.tech after diploma in computer engineering?

Hello dear ,
your question is not so clear ........ but taking your question into account If u want to do the "bachelor in technology" degree from one of the IIT's , you have to clear up an exam now conducted by CBSE called CET (Common Entrance Test ) . Then onwards , you have to clear up the JEE mains exam after clearing it to enter into one of the IITs . There is a separate program for the Diploma's known as Lateral Entry ......

you have several other options for lateral entry as -
NITs
BITS Pilani
DEC delhi
BIT sindri
and many more........
16th November 2012, 06:18 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

First thing you should know is that IIT is a group of university not a course. IIT stands for Indian Institute of Tecnology. There are several IITs in the country and they offer B.Tech and M.Tech degree.

As a candidate of diploma in computer engineering you can take admission for B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering after completing diploma course. However you can not take admission in IIT.

As per the rules of IIT, the diploma students are not eligible for admission. It is because IIT does not offer lateral entry admission which means direct admission into second year of B.Tech course. For admission in IIT, one must have completed 12th with PCM subjects and then appear for the IIT-JEE entrance exam.

But since diploma course is done after 10th standard, such candidates are not eligible to appear in IIT-JEE entrance exam. This virtually rules out the possibility of seeking admission in IIT for B.Tech.

But this does not mean that you can have admission in B.Tech. Yes of course you can take admission but not in IIT. There are various other universities in India that accepts lateral entry candidates. For that you must have scored minimum of 50/60 percent marks in diploma course.

The best option is to appear for Lateral Entry Engineering Test (LEET). It is a state level exam for admission in engineering college through lateral entry scheme. You must clear the exam to seek admission. Alternatively you can take direct admission which is offered by some universities in India. But for direct admission through merit, your percentage in diploma course should be excellent.
6th May 2016, 04:08 PM
Unregistered

If i go for diploma course of computer engineering, then can i do b.tech in computer science and engineering after completing my course.
11th May 2017, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

Can I go for B. Tech IT after completing the diploma in Computer Science Engineering ?
8th May 2018, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

Can I know after completing my diploma in computer engineering if I do B. Tech is there any scope in future
9th January 2020, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

Sir, Now This Year I'll Complete my Diploma in Computer Engg,
After that i'll complete my btech
so after pursuing btech.
i can get admission in IIT for same course
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?