14th May 2011, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to get direct admission to 2nd year for B.Tech in IIT?

i am mukhtar ali i am running diploma in computer science and engineering after diploma direct admission second year b.tech inIIT

Related Questions:
  1. How can a diploma(Mechanical Engineer) graduate take admission(in 2nd year) in IIT colleges?
  2. How to get direct 2nd year admission for B.Tech after Diploma in Civil Engineering?
  3. Can I join direct 2nd year in IIT after finishing 10th standard
  4. Can diploma pass out student get admission in IIT directly in second year?
  5. lateral admission in btech in civil Engineering after diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Possibility to get direct admission in 2nd year of Diploma Chemical for 12th candidate with 48.15%?
  7. What is better, Diploma or 12th? What are the advantages of doing diploma+degree over 12th+degree? Does IIT offer direct 2nd year entry to diploma holders?
  8. Is it possible to get direct admission to 2nd year for B.Tech in IIT?
  9. How to join IIT after passing 2nd year diploma?
  10. Possibility to get direct admission in B.Com 2nd year in Tamil Nadu for a candidate of Bangalore?
  11. Direct admission in BSc second year if I left my Btech in middle?
  12. Can I get admission in MBBS before or after B.Sc Nursing? Is there any common entrance exam to get direct admission in 2nd year? -- [New]
  13. How to get admission direct 2nd year of B.E after passing diploma in IT with 73%?
  14. Which are the colleges in North India offering direct admission in B.Tech on the basis of 12th percentage, IIT JEE score?
  15. What is the cutoff marks for direct B.E 2nd year admission?
  16. Can I study B.Tech in IIT after completing Diploma course? Course duration of B.Tech in IIT for Diploma student?
  17. Is it possible to do B.Tech after diploma in Civil Engineering?
  18. Is it possible for me to get direct admission to 2nd year diploma course if I am dropped out from 12th?
15th September 2011, 11:51 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Is it possible to get direct admission to 2nd year for B.Tech in IIT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am mukhtar ali i am running diploma in computer science and engineering after diploma direct admission second year b.tech inIIT
Is it possible to get direct admission to 2nd year for B.Tech in IIT?

For your kind information , i want to inform you that IIT doesn't take admission through Lateral Entry scheme that is it doesn't follow Diploma to Degree scheme that's why you can't take admission directly in 2nd year in IIT However if you are interested to get admission in IIT then you can do so by cracking IIT-Jee exam and if you can crack IIT-Jee ,you will get admission in 1st year means fresh start.

The maximum permissible attempts for IIT-Jee is 2 only and that too in consecutive years i.e when you are appearing in class 12th exam and other just after passing 12th.

There are so many institutes which provide entry through lateral entry system but IIT and NITs doesn't so you can apply in other colleges.

With Regards
ravik1214
16th September 2011, 12:16 AM
teeks
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it possible to get direct admission to 2nd year for B.Tech in IIT?

dear in IIT there is no such kind of rule get direct admission in 2nd year but you can get in other exams like
AIEEE
UPTU
MPTU
AMU
VIT
etc

all the best
16th September 2011, 12:20 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is it possible to get direct admission to 2nd year for B.Tech in IIT?

hello dear

no. it is not possible to to get direct admission to 2nd year for B.Tech in IIT.

as the criteria to do B.tech from IITs is only IIT-JEE entrance.

other no more entrance test is eligible for IITs btech course.

so lateral entry process is not not held in case of IITs.

so you must choose other good govt colleges.

all the best..........
16th September 2011, 12:41 AM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

dear friend ,

IIT's DOESN'T HAVE THE CRITERIA OF DIRECT ENTRY IN THE 2ND YEAR.

as you have mentioned that you are doing the diploma.
after the completion of your diploma you can apply for the entrance exams like AIEEE ( ALL INDIA ENGINEERING ENTRANCE EXAM ) and IITJEE ( INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY JOINT ENTRANCE EXAM ).

if you get descent rank in the AIEEE exam you will get the admission in the NIT's for the 1st year of B.TECH.
and same in the IITJEE too.

to apply online for the AIEEE exam kindly visit the website www.aieee.nic.in
and for the online application form and more information about the IITJEE exam kindly visit the website www.iitjee.org

thanks
best luck
with regards
16th September 2011, 01:06 AM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

For your kind information , i want to inform you that IIT doesn't take admission through Lateral Entry scheme that is it doesn't follow Diploma to Degree scheme that's why you can't take admission directly in 2nd year in IIT However if you are interested to get admission in IIT then you can do so by cracking IIT-Jee exam and if you can crack IIT-Jee ,you will get admission in 1st year means fresh start.

The maximum permissible attempts for IIT-Jee is 2 only and that too in consecutive years i.e when you are appearing in class 12th exam and other just after passing 12th.

There are so many institutes which provide entry through lateral entry system but IIT and NITs doesn't so you can apply in other colleges.
16th September 2011, 01:12 AM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

hello friend,

It is very important that any IIT(Indian Institute of Technology ) does not maintain LAT exam by which any lateral candidate will not get chance in any of the IITs in India.To get chance in the IITs you have to go through different JEE exams like ... IIT JEE , AIEEE etc.

For more details you can visit the following site ..

http://www.iitk.ac.in

all the best.
good day.
16th September 2011, 01:57 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
No, my friend you can not take admission in 2nd year of B.tech course in IIT...

There is no such scheme to take admission in 2nd year directly in IIT...
IIT's does not allow the lateral entry students..

For taking admission in IIT you have to appear in IIT-JEE exam..
After clearing the exam you have to take admission in first year..

So, if you agree to do this then go for the exam.
All the best.
16th September 2011, 10:28 AM
Brijesh6300

I am realy sorry but iits and nits dont take lateral entry student. They only pick fresh students for 1st year. Direct admission in 2nd year is not possible.
16th September 2011, 10:53 AM
Brijesh6300

No dear friend direct admissin in 2nd year in iits and nits is not possible.
16th September 2011, 06:25 PM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Is it possible to get direct admission to 2nd year for B.Tech in IIT?

Dear friend,
The top level colleges for Engineering like IIT, NIT etc. don't provide admission for Lateral students directly.
That means you can't able to apply for those colleges after the Lateral Entrance exam.
Although there are several other reputed Colleges you can apply for direct admission to 2nd year.
All the very best..
17th September 2011, 01:39 PM
prasantabage

Default Is it possible to get direct admission to 2nd year for B.Tech in IIT?

it is possible to get into engineering in 2nd which called lateral entry orissa jee
conduct entrance exam for freshers as will as for lateral entry apply for the same.

visit orissa jee site search in google you will get it
1st October 2011, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

I AM DOING B.E.I AM IN FIRST YEAR . IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET ADMMISION IN IIT IN THE SECOND YEAR?
10th December 2011, 12:54 AM
Unregistered

is it possible to get admission to direct second year B.TECh in bits after my bcs.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?