22nd December 2015, 03:38 PM
Kowshik NS

Is it possible to join M.Sc Astrophysics or Quantum Physics without doing Physics in Bachelors?

What to do after Bsc in (Computer science,Mathematics ,Electronics)?
Can I join MSc in Astrophysics or Quantum physics without studying Physics at my Bachelors.
Other than these do I have any better options only in the field of science? Can someone please give me the answer soon?

Thanks!

22nd July 2017, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is it possible to join M.Sc Astrophysics or Quantum Physics without doing Physics in Bachelors?

I am in first year Bsc with physics as my major subject but maths is only for first year. Could I do Msc in astrophysics then?
23rd July 2017, 10:45 AM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Is it possible to join M.Sc Astrophysics or Quantum Physics without doing Physics in Bachelors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowshik NS View Post
What to do after Bsc in (Computer science,Mathematics ,Electronics)?
Can I join MSc in Astrophysics or Quantum physics without studying Physics at my Bachelors.
Other than these do I have any better options only in the field of science? Can someone please give me the answer soon?

Thanks!
Yes, you can apply for the M.SC after doing B.SC because the minimum qualification required to apply for the M.SC astrophysics is graduation and you have done B.SC so you can apply. Detailed information about M.SC astrophysics are as follows:-

DURATION OF COURSE:- The duration of course is 2 years which is divided into four semesters.

SUBJECT YOU STUDIED IN FOUR SEMESTERS:-

FIRST SEMESTER:-

>> Applied mathematics.
>> Analog electronics.
>> Classical mechanics.
>> positional astronomy.

SECOND SEMESTER:-

>> Digital electronics.
>> Fluid mechanics.
>> Space physics.
>> Quantum mechanics.

THIRD SEMESTER:-

>> Advance electronics.
>> Astronomical techniques.
>> Stellar atmosphere.
>> Electromagnetic wave and radiation system.

FOURTH SEMESTER:-

>> Cosmology.
>> Plasma physics.
>> Lasers and applications.
>> Stellar structure and evolution.

TYPE OF COURSE:- Post graduate type course after graduation.

EDUCATION REQUIRED TO APPLY:- Minimum qualification required to apply is graduation from govt. recognized university with PCM subjects.

COLLAGES OFFERS M.SC ASTROPHYSICS:-

>> Punjabi university- Patiyala (Punjab).
>> Andhra university -Visakhapatnam(Andhra pradesh).
>> Osmania university -Hyderabad (Telangana).

JOB FIELDS:-

>> Research field.
>> Astronomer.
>> Science teacher.
>> Astrology professor.

So these are the details regarding M.SC astrophysics. If you fulfill this eligibility criteria then apply for the course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?