14th June 2012, 01:44 PM

Is it possible for me to attend for NET Exam after completion of M.Com in Correspondence being a candidate with an age of 45 years?

I completed correspondence M.Com & I wish to attend for NET exam. I am 45 years old, is it possible for me to attned NET exam?

14th June 2012, 11:46 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible for me to attend for NET Exam after completion of M.Com in Correspondence being a candidate with an age of 45 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I completed correspondence M.Com & I wish to attend for NET exam. I am 45 years old, is it possible for me to attned NET exam?
Firstly, there is no upper age restriction to apply for Lectureship post of NET.

If your age is 45 years, then you can only apply for Lectureship post, because there is no upper age restriction to apply for lectureship. If your aim is to become Lecturer in some top colleges/universities then please apply for NET Examination.

NET stands for National Eligibility test and this examination is Conducted by UGC, Twice in a year and the examination is conducted in June and December Every year. For this year June NET Examination notification was already published and if you have missed the chance then please wait for December NET Examination Notification.

To apply for NET Examination you have to complete your Post graduate degree course and if you have scored minimum 55% Marks in your Post graduation then you are eligible for NET.

The notification of December NET Examination will be Published soon in the month of October. Eligible candidates may fill the application form online only.

So, please wait for NET Examination Notification and then apply for this examination. Please do not worry because it is no where mentioned that only regular candidates are eligible for NET. If your college/University is UGC Recognized then you are eligible to apply for NET Examination.

If you want more Information about this examination then please check official website:

ugcnetonline.in
15th June 2012, 12:01 AM
kinnarnara

Default Re: Is it possible for me to attend for NET Exam after completion of M.Com in Correspondence being a candidate with an age of 45 years?

hi,
NET exam stands for national eligiblity test which is conducted by university grant commission.
NET EXAM ELIGIBLITY;
>a bechelor degree from a recognized university.
>age limit is 21 to 30 years.
That's why you are not eligible for net exam at the age of 45.
For mhttp://ugc.ac.inore,
15th June 2012, 04:49 AM
guruvana244

National Eligiblity Test

This examination was conducted by UGC .The NET Examination is conducted twice a year.The examination is generally done in the month of June and December every year.

ELIGIBLITY

Those students who have got master’s Degree with 55% from universities recognised by UGC you can apply for the examination

Final year students are also take the exam.

Age limit ::

For Junior Research Fellowship - Your age should be not more than 28 years.
A relaxation upto 5 years in upper age limit is provided to SC, ST and for OBC candidates.

For Lectureship - There is no upper age limit for applying for lectureship.

Which means that you can apply for the Lectureship jobs .

Examination Pattern There will be total three papers.
one paper is common for all students
two papers will be done on subjects which you have chosen .

Paper-I :: It is done to test the teaching/research aptitude in the students. Question asked will be based on ::

Reasoning ability
Comprehension
Divergent thinking
General awareness.

Paper-II :: Objective types and on the optional subjects

Paper-III :: Descriptive questions on the subjects chosen by the students .

15th June 2012, 10:26 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Sure you are eligible to take the NET exam. Post graduates i.e. even correspondence students who have studied from a recognised institute can appear for the exam. This is provided they have secured over 55% during post graduation. There is no age limit to appear for the exam. You must select commerce subjects while preparing for the exam.
15th June 2012, 12:38 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can give the NET exam.

Here is the NET eligibility criteria:-

For giving UGC NET u need to have a master Degree. You can choose any subject from your master degree.UGC NET consists of three papers
1) General studies (50 objective questions)
2) Your optional paper (50 objective questions)
3) Your optional paper (Subjective questions)

For Junior Research Fellowship-max 28yrs.

For lectureship-no upper age limit.

For more information please log onto this website:- www.ugcnetonline.in
25th June 2012, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

i will pass ba with 45% can i apply for a ias/ips officer plz sir reply me qiukly plz plzzzzzz
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?