14th August 2018, 09:37 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to study class 12th directly without appearing for class 11th?

I'm doing Diploma after class 10th. But, I also want to do 12th externally without doing class 11th. So, is it possible to give exams only for 12th without doing class 11th? And if yes, then in which college in Pune can I do so? I want to do 12 SSC externally. Please guide me.

15th August 2018, 06:04 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is it possible to study class 12th directly without appearing for class 11th?

No student can get admission in 12th standard without passing 11th final examination so it is not possible to appear in 12th board examination directly.
First of all, you should take admission in 11th standard in any school then only you will be able to appear in 11th final examination for admission in 12th standard then you can appear in 12th examination.

Also, no one is allowed to pursue two regular courses at same time, so, you have to complete your diploma first then think about SSC(Senior Secondary Certificate) examination but if you want SSC at same time you have to take admission in open schooling board where you do not have to attend classes and only appear for examination.
NIOS(National Institute of Open Schooling) is a central government certified boars for open schooling.
You can take admission in NIOS for SSC.
15th August 2018, 08:59 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it possible to study class 12th directly without appearing for class 11th?

It is not possible for any diploma candidate to directly appear for senior secondary board examination.

To appear for board examination, you need to take admission in 11th standard, select stream and then appear for board examination of 12th standard. You can take admission in any Maharashtra board school in 11th standard.
15th August 2018, 11:56 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Is it possible to study class 12th directly without appearing for class 11th?

** As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to get admission in 12th class without completing 11th class.

** For 12th class admission, candidate should have passed 11th class from a recognized board.

** The percentage of marks required in 11th for 12th class is varies from college to college.
15th August 2018, 12:00 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Regular schools won't give admission in class 12th directly, without the class 11th result. Hence, it will be very difficult to get admission in a decent School directly in class 12th.

The only option that is left is to go for open schooling through NIOS, if you are not interested in class 11th repeating, but you need to study on your own to pass the exams.
15th August 2018, 12:49 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

You will not get direct admission in class 12th in regular schools. You have to apply for admission in open schooling boards such as NIOS that stands for National Institute of Open Schooling and NIOS is an open schooling board in which there will be no need to attend regular classes. You have to go for exams only.
15th August 2018, 01:13 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

According to my knowledge it is not possible to appear in 12th board exam directly without appearing in 11th examination.
If you will get admission externally then also you have to appear in examination of 11th class.
15th August 2018, 01:20 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is possible to give 12th board exam with CBSE . Even if you are studying from U P board for class 11th.There is no syllabus of class 11th that is asked in class 12th board exam and also there is no board exam been conducted by any board for class 11th.

You should be having a get year between your 10th board and 12th board. So you are eligible to give 12th board exam from CBSE board . All you have to do is to take admission in some School recognised and affiliated by CBSE board . So you can carry on with your studies continuously.
15th August 2018, 05:13 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria to appear for 12th board examination:

>>Student must have studied 11th standard from a recognized board. In 11th standard, student should register for board examination and select stream and subjects.

>>Without taking admission in 11th standard, you can not directly appear for board examination of 12th.
15th August 2018, 05:31 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

In any Indian board of education, it is not possible for any candidate to directly appear for 12th board exam after tenth board examination. Diploma is itself considered as equivalent to 12th.

You must take admission in 11th standard to become eligible for 12th board examination next year. The registration for board examination of 12th is done in 11th standard.
15th August 2018, 06:47 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Certainly yes! You can do class 12 directly without appearing for class 11. It is possible only through National Institute of Open Schooling(NIOS).

Documents need to get admission in NIOS:

>>10th Class Pass Marks Sheet & Certificate from Recognized Board
>>Address Proof (Parent’s)/Rent Agreement
>>Three Latest Coloured Photographs (Passport Size)

Yes, there is a NIOS at Pune. The address and official website link are given below.

National Institute of Open Schooling, Maharashtra

Second Floor, 128/2 J.P. Naik Road, Kothrud, Pune, Maharashtra 411038
http://rcpune.nios.ac.in
15th August 2018, 10:23 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

It is not possible for any candidate to directly appear for class 12th board examination directly.

You need to register for board exam in 11th standard then appear for board examination next year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?