10th January 2020, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to switch from 11th Commerce stream to 12th Science stream under CBSE Board?

Hi, I am a student of 11th from Commerce stream studying in school affiliated to CBSE Board. However, I would like to switch to Science stream for my class 12th. Is it possible? If yes, then how can I switch?

14th January 2020, 06:04 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to switch from 11th Commerce stream to 12th Science stream under CBSE Board?

You are not eligible to change the stream in the std 12th.

So, you will have to continue with the same board or else have to take admission in std 11th to change the stream.
15th January 2020, 01:18 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to switch from 11th Commerce stream to 12th Science stream under CBSE Board?

Changing of subjects is possible in 11th standard only if you are applying for change in subject before 31st October.

In case, if you are applying for change in subject after 31st October, then your request will not be entertained. Because after 31st October, registration forms for Board exams are sent to Regional Board Office of CBSE.

Also, note that there will be no change in subjects while studying 12th standard. Because, the subjects that you haven't studied in 11th standard will not be allotted to you in 12th standard.

So, if you wish to apply for change in subject then do it before 31st October of the academic session. For this, you will have to contact your exam controlling authority of your school.
17th January 2020, 09:57 AM
suchi haria
Junior Member+

No,you cannot change your stream from commerce to science .
As per the rules you can change from science to any other street like commerce to arts
You can select arts from commerce but cannot change into science stream
19th January 2020, 01:34 PM
Afna Sulaiman

Hi
There is no option to change the stream in second year of higher education.You can change the stream at the earliest of 11 th classes but not allowed to switch the subject on 12 th standard.For that you have to check for vacancies in the science stream and should go through some procedures
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?