14th December 2012, 11:05 PM
asifkwr

Is it possible to take admission in B.Tech Civil Engineering after completing B.Tech in E&C

If its possible to take again admission in B.Tech in Civil engineering after complete the B.Tech in E&C, Because i want to change my profile from Electronics & communication to Civil engineering. if its possible then i can take direct admission in 2nd year in civil engineering or i can take admission in M.Tech in civil engineering after completion B. Tech in Electronics & communication. please suggest me...

Thanks ....
Asif.

Mob. No.: 8097559067

15th December 2012, 09:41 PM
Kotesh432
Senior Member+

Default Re: Is it possible to take admission in B.Tech Civil Engineering after completing B.Tech in E&C

Hi Guest,

As you have already completed your graduation in ECE, you cannot shift to Civil Engineering.

The selection of course will be only once and you need to be careful in case of selecting the course.

As of now you can go for M.Tech in the core subjects of ECE.

You can no way now enter into the field of civil Engineering.

Thank you,

All the best.
4th March 2013, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is it possible to take admission in B.Tech Civil Engineering after completing B.Tech in E&C

I have completed B.Tech(IT) and I want to Admission in M.Tech(Civil/machanical). Is it Possible?? Please help me.??
16th March 2015, 09:52 AM
sachin200792

Hi Asif,

Seeing that you have completed your B.Tech. in E&C, if you are looking for an M.Tech., it won't be possible for you to switch to Civil Engineering. You cannot take admission in M.Tech. Civil Engineering course without having a B.Tech. in Civil Engineering.

However, it is possible for you to get a Civil Engineering B.Tech. degree if you are really interested in making your career in that trade of engineering. But you have to consider that it will be another four years before you can get a degree or a job. I would advise against that and ask you to go ahead with your E&C. That decision is up to you.

About getting admission in second year, I don't think there are any government colleges that provide a direct admission in the second academic year. Although there might be some private colleges which have there policies as to let the students give admission in the second year directly.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?