9th September 2012, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

Which post will I get in Indian Army after qualifying CDS exam

I want to know that which post i will get in indian army after qualifying cds exam. Plz send your feedback.

4th April 2015, 05:39 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which post will I get in Indian Army after qualifying CDS exam

CDS exam is actually Combined Defense Services Exam which is conducted by UPSC.
Successful candidates are admitted in the respective academies after an interview conducted by the Services Selection Board.
The criteria for fulfilling the eligibility to appear for the exam are as under:-
- Candidate should be a citizen of India.
- Candidate should have completed graduation from a recognized university or equivalent for Indian Military Academy/Officer's training academy.B.Sc. with Physics and Mathematics or a Bachelor of Engineering for Naval Academy.Degree of higher secondary level with mathematics and Physics or Bachelor of engineering or technology for Indian Air Force Academy.
- The exam process consist of written exam followed by interview by services selection board.
- The candidate should be physically fit as per the physical standards for admission to the CDS examination,
5th April 2015, 01:43 AM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

Default Re: Which post will I get in Indian Army after qualifying CDS exam

# CDS Examination is primarily meant for recruitment of officer in defence forces.

# Even if you crack the CDS Examination, you will also absorbed in defence forces.

# But you have show your keen interest in Indian Army. You will be firstly appointed on the post of Leiutentant in Indian Army.

# After appointment in Army on the post of Lieutenant. Thereafter you will be promoted on following post from time to time depending upon your service record mentioned below:

* Lieutenant
* Colonel
* Lt. Colonel
* Major
* Lt. Major
* Brigadior

# You should not think about the post offered you after cracking the CDS Examination at this stage. You should presently concentrate only on the preparation of the CDS Examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?