14th August 2018, 10:54 AM
Kumari shikhq

Problems in securing MBBS admission after HS for a candidate with 49.9% in 10th CBSE?

Hi everyone, I have secured 49.9% marks in my 10th standard which I did from CBSE Board. I want to study MBBS course after my Higher Secondary. So, will there be problems in securing admission for MBBS course with this percentage of marks?

15th August 2018, 09:52 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Problems in securing MBBS admission after HS for a candidate with 49.9% in 10th CBSE?

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and for admission in MBBS degree course one has to qualify either NEET or AIIMS MBBS entrance examination or JIPMER MBBS entrance examination.

Also, for appearing in any of the three mentioned examination, one is required to completed his/her Class 12th in Science stream with PCB group with at least 50% marks ( or 60% marks in case of AIIMS MBBS entrance examination ) from a recognized board of education. Marks relaxation of 10% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

So, having completed your Class 10th with less than 50% marks, you do not have to worry about your eligibility for MBBS admissions as the eligibility for same is based on the performance in Class 12th and MBBS admission test.
15th August 2018, 11:05 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Problems in securing MBBS admission after HS for a candidate with 49.9% in 10th CBSE?

MBBS is Bachelor in Medicine and Bachelor in Surgery and it is five year course.

The examination is conducted by CBSE as NEET for admission in MBBS course. The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology with minimum 50%.

There is no issue with less than 50% in 10th board examination. For more information visit at www.cbseneet.nic.in.
15th August 2018, 11:32 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

As per my knowledge, there is no problem in securing MBBS admission after HS for a candidate with 49.9% in 10th CBSE.

For MBBS admission candidate should have passed 12th class in Science stream with at least 50% from a recognized board.

The percentage in Class 10th is not taken into consideration for MBBS admission.
15th August 2018, 12:15 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Since, you are interested in pursuing MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery ) degree course after completion of your Class 12th then you need not have to worry regarding your marks in Class 10th as for MBBS admissions what matters is the marks in Class 12th which must be at least 50%. Also, one must have opted for Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in their Class 12th.

Further, for admission in MBBS degree course you are required to qualify anyone of NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test ), AIIMS MBBS entrance examination, and JIPMER MBBS entrance examination.
15th August 2018, 12:51 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

MBBS stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery course. Admission in MBBS course is done on basis of NEET scorecard.

Requirements for NEET examination;

Academic qualification: 12th passed with PCB subjects and must have minimum of 50% marks in 12th board exam.

There is no importance of tenth academic percentage in 12th board based NEET examination for MBBS and BDS course.
15th August 2018, 03:50 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The academic qualification required to apply for MBBS entrance examination test called National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is higher secondary passed with minimum of 50% marks. In 12th board, you must have opted for science stream with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subject.

The minimum age limit to be attained on 31st December of year of admission is 17 years. You can apply for NEET exam after 12th with 49.9% marks in secondary board examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?