7th November 2019, 07:31 AM
Unregistered

Procedure to join Indian Army/Air Force for 12th PCM student?

Hi Sir, I am studying in 12th standard with PCM stream and preparing for the Board exam. After completing my 12th, I want to join Indian Army or Indian Air Force. I would like to know about the procedure for joining both of them.

8th November 2019, 07:46 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join Indian Army/Air Force for 12th PCM student?

To join Indian Army after 10+2, you can join through following exams:
  • NDA
  • TES 10+2

To join Indian Air Force after 10+2, you can join through following exam:
  • NDA

NDA
NDA stands for National Defence Academy which is conducted by UPSC every year. You will have to qualify following stages to clear NDA exam i.e.
  • Written Test
  • SSB Interview

For filling NDA form, you will have to complete Part-I and Part-II registration of NDA exam through UPSC Online portal.

TES 10+2
TES 10+2 is also a defence exam that is entirely focused on filling Indian Army vacancies. There is no written test in this exam. Candidates are shortlisted on the basis of their 10+2 marks. After which, they are called for SSB Interview.

For both the above exams, you should have completed 10+2 with PCM stream. For TES 10+2, scoring 70% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Maths (in 10+2 standard) is mandatory. Also, note that Commerce, Arts students can also apply for NDA exam if they wish to join Indian Army wing.
8th November 2019, 08:53 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to appear in the NDA examination and after qualifying in it will become eligible for recruitment as an officer in defence services.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th board examination.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible.

Examination is conducted in two stages :- Written and SSB.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
8th November 2019, 11:12 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

NDA examination provides a better opportunity to candidates pursuing in 12th to join the defence service.

The examination is conducted by UPSC. It is conducted twice in a year. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

So, once you will qualify in the written stage will become eligible for the SSB call letter and after qualifying in it become eligible for final selection.

For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
10th November 2019, 08:28 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

After completion of your 12th with PCM, you can appear in NDA examination that is conducted by UPSC twice in a year in the month of April and September.
You can apply for both Indian army as well as for Air force through NDA exam depending upon your marks and rank in the entrance test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?