1st March 2018, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to join Indian Air Force for 12th student?

Hello Sir, I am pursuing my 12 standard. I am a cyclist played 6 nationals and got 2 medals. My aim is that I want to join Indian Air Force. So, I want to know how can I join this Indian Air Force?

Related Questions:
  1. What to do after 12th PCB to join Indian Air Force? Procedure for joining NDA?
  2. Procedure to join Indian Air Force for 12th Commerce girl student?
  3. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. What is the procedure for an architect to join Indian Air force
  5. Procedure to join Indian Air Force for a candidate with 50% in 12th PCM? -- [New]
  6. What should I study further after completion of 12th to join Indian Air Force?
  7. Can I join the Indian Air Force after completing class 12th (PCB)? What is the procedure to join the Air Force?
  8. Eligibility to join Indian Air Force for a girl candidate?
  9. How should I join Indian Air Force? What is the procedure?
  10. Can I join Indian Air Force being a candidate pursuing B-Pharmacy from Pune University being a Medical student in 12th Class?
  11. How to join Indian Air Force after passing class 10th? What is the education requirement for Indian Air Force?
  12. In which entrance exam I have to appear to join in Indian Air Force being a B.E.(ECE) final year student? Selection procedure of Indian Air Force?
  13. Why girls are not eligible to join Indian Air Force on 10th basis?
  14. What is the procedure to join the Indian Air Force after completing class 12th? How can I apply for the exam?
  15. What should I do to join Indian Air Force being a 12th WBCHSE student?
  16. Can I join Indian Air Force with 84% in Maths, 87% in Physics, 93% in English and 88.2% aggregate in 12th?
  17. How can I join Indian Air Force being a 10th student? Detailed information about Indian Air Force?
  18. Procedure to join Indian Air Force after 12th commerce?
8th March 2018, 09:53 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join Indian Air Force for 12th student?

To join Indian Air Force, you should have to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC. Eligibility criteria required to apply for NDA examination for joining in Indian Air Force is mentioned below :-

1. You should be a citizen of India.

2. You should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a Government recognised board.

3. You should be an unmarried male candidate.

4. You should be in the age range of 16.5 to 19.5 years.

5. You should be physically as well as mentally healthy.

You have to apply for UPSC NDA examination through online at UPSC official website once, the NDA examination notification is released. After qualifying the entrance examination, you will be called for further rounds and if you perform well, you will be selected into Indian Air Force.
9th March 2018, 06:53 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

If you want to join Indian Air Force the best option is to qualify in NDA entrance examination.

The entrance examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year. The eligibility to appear for Indian Air Force is that candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main paper.

The examination is conducted in two stages as Written and SSB. Candidates after qualifying in each stage will become eligible for final recruitment.

For detail information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in.
9th March 2018, 07:35 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To join Indian Air Force being a 12th standard student, you have to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC. You should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCM stream from a recognised board. You should be in the age range of 16.5 and 19.5 years. You should be an unmarried male candidate. You should be physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination notification.
9th March 2018, 08:36 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Being a Class 12th passed candidate you are eligible for joining Indian Air force as an officer as well as an airmen depending on the stream of academics pursued by you in Class 12th.

For entry as a commissioned officer, you need to qualify NDA entrance examination and for appearing in same you need to have completed your Class 12th with Physics and Mathematics as main subjects from a recognized board. Also, for appearing in NDA entrance examination your age need to lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

Further for entry as a airmen Y group, there is no compulsion of any stream at Class 12th level academics but for X group entry you need to have completed your Class 12th with 50% with Physics and Mathematics as main subjects from a recognized board. For these entries your age need to lie within 17 years to 21 years.

For more details regarding different entries in Indian Air force you can refer to the link www.careerairforce.nic.in.
9th March 2018, 10:00 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for National Defence Academy entrance exam and crack its written stage and Service Selection Board to join Indian Air Force.

The eligibility criteria for NDA exam is:

1. You must have studied Physics and Mathematics in 12th science stream. Board appearing candidates can also apply for exam.

2. The age limit is 16.5 to 19.5 years.

3. Only unmarried male candidates can apply for exam.

NDA/NA examination is conducted twice every year by Union Public Service Commission.
9th March 2018, 11:22 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

The procedure to join Indian Air Force after 12th board exam are:

Apply for examination called National Defence Academy conducted by Union Public Service Commission examination.

Pass both the stages of this exam to join Indian Air Force.

Only science stream candidates with Mathematics and Physics can apply for exam.
10th March 2018, 12:17 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for NDA exam, if you have completed class 12th with PCM stream. This will help you to get an officer level job at Indian Airforce.

Other than this, based on class 12th, there are Group X and Group Y trade jobs available. You can also apply for these jobs.
10th March 2018, 12:41 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

If you want to get recruitment as an Officer in the Air Force you have to qualify for NDA entrance examination.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that:

Candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate's age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible to appear for examination. The examination is conducted in two stages as Written and SSB.

So, you must start preparation for examination to qualify in examination and for the final selection.

For detail information regarding NDA examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?