11th March 2021, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

Procedure and requirements to become an Indian Army Officer for a BSc(Botany) student?

Dear Sir, I am studying BSc in Botany course. I want to join Indian Army to become an Officer over there. I would like to know about the procedure and the requirements to join Indian Army as an Officer after completion of my Graduation.

14th March 2021, 04:17 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure and requirements to become an Indian Army Officer for a BSc(Botany) student?

As you are currently studying B.Sc. in Botany, so you can apply for CDS exam conducted by UPSC.

However, recently UPSC CDS exam is conducted already on 7th February 2021. So, you can apply for upcoming CDS exam.

Important dates of UPSC CDS (I) 2021 were as below:
  • Notification/applications release: 28th October 2020
  • Last date to apply: 17th November 2020
  • Exam date: 7th February 2021

Through CDS exam, you will have to go through following stages for getting recruited to Army.
  • STEP 1: Written Examination
  • STEP 2: Interview/ Intelligence Test/ Personality Test
  • STEP 3: Document Verification
  • STEP 4: Medical Examination
15th March 2021, 05:18 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure and requirements to become an Indian Army Officer for a BSc(Botany) student?

You can become an Army officer aft er qualifying in CDS examination.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in final year of bachelor degree.

Age limit :- 19-24 years.

Examination is conducted in two stages for the final selection.

For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th March 2021, 07:24 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

CDS is Combined Defence Service examination.

It is conducted by UPSC. The eligibility to apply for Indian Army is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. The age limit is 19-24 years.

Entrance examination is conducted in two stages for final selection. Two stages are - Written and SSB.

So, candidates with above qualification are eligible to appear for CDS examination and after qualifying in both stages eligible for final selection.

To get more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?