11th June 2016, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

Process of changing the branch both under same university and different university?

My question is the regards to change the branch and also tell me the process of changing the branch. Both under the same university and different university as well.

Related Questions:
  1. Can i change B.Tech course in any Government college?
  2. How to take admission from Shivaji University to Mumbai University for BSc 2nd year? Procedure to change the university?
  3. Can I do Masters in Aeronautical Engineering from Indian Airforce after B.E Electrical? What is the procedure? What are the options for doing masters in Aeronautical Engineering?
  4. What's the process for changing an engineering college under Pune university to another engineering college under Mumbai university?
  5. Can I change to other engineering college if I score excellent marks in my first year exams?
  6. Can I get a seat in JNTU Anantapur university of SVU university after scoring 345 rank in CSE stream? Last year allotment process? Cutoff rank for the university?
  7. Is it possible to transfer from Pune University to Mumbai University during second year?
  8. What are the units we have to study for final exam for 1st year B.Tech?
  9. Changing colleges in Pune University
  10. How can I change from EEE to ECE after completion of B.Tech 1st year
  11. How to get admission in 3rd sem in thapar university from different college?
  12. How To Change University in 2nd Year MCA?
  13. Transfer of diploma college from one to another college -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Reputed foreign universities for Ph.D in Genetics?
  15. Which course should I take after passing HSc?
  16. Procedure of changing branch through diploma counselling in Anna University
  17. How to transfer in any other university after completing B.Tech 1st year Aeronautical Branch from Bhagwat University?
  18. Need information about changing branch during Lateral Entry admission?
11th June 2016, 11:10 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Process of changing the branch both under same university and different university?

No, it is not possible to change from one branch to another branch in middle of the course while pursuing your studies. The change of branch in the same or different university is not allowed.

Once, you have taken admission in a particular branch of the course, you need to complete the course in the same branch to get your course certificate. If you are not interested to continue the branch which you are pursuing right now, you can drop from the course and need to take admission in first year of course in the branch which you are interested.

You need to follow the same admission process which you have followed before for taking admission in the branch which you have pursued, for getting admission in the course of the branch which you are interested to pursue now. Remember that, to get your certificates back from the university where you are pursuing your higher studies and to take admission in different branch of same course in another or same university, you need to pay the complete college fee then, only your certificates will be issued by the college and you can take admission in another branch of course which you are interested for pursuing your higher studies.
12th June 2016, 10:59 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Process of changing the branch both under same university and different university?

Inter college transfer and branch change is allowed under same university but branch change is allowed under different central universities only. The procedure for change of branch under same university is very simple. The first criteria is that there must be some vacant seats in your desired branch.

After that there is required percentage of marks which a candidate must score in order to get admission in that branch. There should not be any active pending backlogs in first year of bachelor's degree. Branch change is only allowed after first year and not possible after second year of engineering. You need to write an application to Head of Department seeking branch change and after that it is forwarded to Registrar.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?