5th March 2018, 04:47 PM
Nagaraja B

Is BE qualification sufficient to work as an Assistant Professor in a private college?

Presently, I am working as Assistant Professor in private engineering college. Initially I joined as a lecturer with BE (mechanical) qualifications. But now I have been promoted to Assistant Professor but now our heads asked for M.Tech qualification to continue as Assistant Professor. But I am not in position to go for M.Tech due to my family problems. So, is it possible to continue as a Assistant Professor with my BE qualification only?

Related Questions:
  1. How to work as a senior lecturer/assistant professor?
  2. What is the minimum criteria to become an assistant professor in private college or government college?
  3. Assistant Professor qualification issue with the university
  4. Qualification required for being Assistant Professor?
  5. Am I eligible to apply for Assistant professor job after completion of M.Tech course?
  6. What is the qualification for Assistant Professor post in department of physics of Engineering College
  7. Qualifications required to be a Professor of engineering college? How to be a Professor?
  8. Can I apply for assistant professor job on the basis of ME degree?
  9. Minimum qualification required to get the post of Assistant professor in Department of Physics of Engineering College
  10. Which entrance exam to give for position of Lecturer or Assistant Professor or Associated Professor?
  11. What is the upper age limit for assistant professor post?
  12. Am i eligible to work as assistant professor in engineering college after doing MS from Automotive Engineering from UK?
  13. Required Qualification for the position of Assistant Professor as per UGC and AICTE Rules? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Can I become an Assistant Professor of Mathematics in any Government college if pursuing PhD in Mathematics and Teaching in Private college?
  15. Eligibility to teach engineering college as Assistant Professor/Associate Professor?
  16. How to get a job as a professor in private/government college
  17. How to do MBBS if I am a biological group student
  18. Passing UGC NET is mandatory for being Assistant Professor in any government college?
15th March 2018, 08:29 AM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Default Re: Is BE qualification sufficient to work as an Assistant Professor in a private college?

It is compulsory to have Master of Technology qualification to work as Assistant Professor in any engineering college. AICTE has allowed candidates to become lecturer after completion of Bachelor of Engineering.

Without pursuing M.Tech, you will teach as lecturer only with lesser pay scale than Assistant Professor. You can apply for GATE exam and secure good rank to become eligible for pursuing M.Tech from any AICTE approved college.
15th March 2018, 08:55 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is BE qualification sufficient to work as an Assistant Professor in a private college?

B.E is not the sufficient qualification for recruitment as Assistant Professor.

The required minimum qualification for recruitment is that candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university.

So, you have to complete the master degree to get the job of assistant professor in the government or private colleges.
15th March 2018, 09:38 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

1. Bachelor of Engineering qualification is not sufficient to work as Assistant Professor in private engineering college. The qualification required to become Assistant Professor in engineering college is M.Tech passed with certain years of teaching experience.

2. If you are not in position to pursue Master of Technology course then you can continue your job of lecturer. As per norms, M.Tech is compulsory.

Once you become in position to pursue M.Tech course then you can apply for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and clear it to get admission in Master of Technology course.
15th March 2018, 12:28 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

According to me, this seems impossible because without M.Tech/M.E qualification you can not continue your work as an Assistant Professor.

To continue work as an Assistant Professor, someone must have completed their Master's Degree from any stream.
15th March 2018, 02:18 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

According to All India council for Technical Education, the minimum academic qualification required for becoming Assistant Professor in engineering college is Master of Technology course from a recognized university.

You can not become Assistant Professor in college without pursuing M.Tech course. Whenever you think that you are in situation, you can apply for competitive entrance examination of Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

GATE qualified candidates also get stipend for pursuing M.Tech course.
15th March 2018, 05:35 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Look it is compulsory to have Master’s degree to join as an Assistant Professor.
If you are only a graduate then you have to pursue Master’s. If you want to become a government lecturer then you have to clear UGC NET entrance exam after completing Master’s degree.
15th March 2018, 07:10 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

The requirement for Assistant Professor in private engineering college is:

Master of Technology or engineering from a AICTE recognized institute.

You will have continue teaching as lecturer unless you pursue M.Tech course. Bachelor of Engineering is not sufficient.
15th March 2018, 08:37 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Bachelor of Engineering qualification is not sufficient to become Assistant Professor in government engineering course.

You need to pursue Master of Engineering or technology to become eligible for Assistant Professor post in government colleges.
15th March 2018, 08:46 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is mandatory to complete M.Tech to work as Assistant Professor in Engineering colleges. I have attached a file where you can get the full details regarding the eligibility criteria.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FACULTY_APPLICATION_IGIT_Sarang.pdf(101.2 KB, 8 views)
15th March 2018, 08:48 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

For continuing as an Assistant Professor, you will have to pursue Master of technology course. You can not become Assistant Professor with B.E as academic qualification.

The minimum academic qualification required for Assistant Professor is Master of Technology course from a recognized university.
15th March 2018, 08:49 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No you are not eligible to continue as assistant professor. As per UGC guidelines it is mandatory that candidate must have passed master degree for recruitment as an assistant professor.

So, you have to pursue M.Tech course if you want to get recruitment as an assistant professor.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?