30th September 2011, 08:32 PM
kashyap200910

Qualifications required to sit for IPS exam? Procedure to become an IPS officer?

hello sir
I am Parveen kumar from Ambala. I want to know the Qualifications required to sit for IPS Exam are same as that for IAS. Whts the procedure to become an IPS officer ?.

1st October 2011, 11:18 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Qualifications required to sit for IPS exam? Procedure to become an IPS officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashyap200910 View Post
hello sir
I am Parveen kumar from Ambala. I want to know the Qualifications required to sit for IPS Exam are same as that for IAS. Whts the procedure to become an IPS officer ?.
Yeah absolutely you are right.!

The qualifications and procedure pattern is same with IAS,IPS,IFS etc., there are nearly 23 all india civil services. To get job in these civil services every civil aspirant has to clear a common entrance exam i.e., Civil Service examination.

This examination is conducted by a constitutional body i.e., UPSC which is abbreviated as Union Public Service Commission.

The qualifications that are required for this common entrance examination are

1) you should have 21 years of age to enroll.
2) you should complete at least a degree from a recognized Indian university.

additional qualifications are

1)you should be an Indian only to become IAS officer
2)you should fill the physical requirements to become IPS officer
3)you should know at least a foreign language to become IFS officer

In this way the sub qualifications are there. As you are interested to become IPS officer only the main 2 qualifications and the 2nd qualification of additional qualifications list need to be fulfilled.

To say the procedure to become a IPS officer, it looks simple , but it is not that when it comes in to reality.

Anyways.
The procedure steps to become IPS officer is as follows :-

:- you have to complete your degree in the format of 10+2/3+3/4 in any stream of your choice,there is no compulsion about the stream.

:- After completing your degree you need to get registered for UPSC civil service examination with effect of a Notification.

:-after that you need to clear three stage examination pattern. i.e., Civil service aptitude test,Mains test,Personal Interview.

:-Finally after getting your rank according to that you will be given your desired service if you rank desires that.

:- Then training for a certain period after that you will be placed as Junior Officer in your cadre.

This is the procedure of how to become IPS officer.

For further details about UPSC Civil service exam you have to visit the official website
To View the official website Just Click here

Regards

~aditya~
1st October 2011, 11:39 AM
aman shadow

Default Re: Qualifications required to sit for IPS exam? Procedure to become an IPS officer?

Dear,you just have to go through the civil services exam either of any state or center.And you need to be graduated in any discipline for that.
1st October 2011, 11:59 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Qualifications required to sit for IPS exam? Procedure to become an IPS officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashyap200910 View Post
hello sir
Dear friend,

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.

Those candidate have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

But your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidate.
In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3years and for SC/ST candidate is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be citizen of India.

PROCESS BECOME A IPS OFFICER:-

1. Fill up the Application form.

2.Preliminary exam is consist of two papers.

a) General studies -----150 marks

b)From Optional subject -------300 marks

3.If you have qualify in Preliminary exam then you have to go for IPS mains exam.

4.After completion of your main exam you have to go for Interview.

Thanks
1st October 2011, 01:02 PM
saurabh abhijeet

hello friend,

eligibility for IAS/IPS/IFS is almost same i.e.
-you must be graduate from any recognized university
-your age must be between 21-30 for general
in case of OBC upper age relaxation is 33 years ans for
SC/ST upper age relaxation is 35 years...
-number of attempts is also limited to clear the exams
for general- 4 attempts
for OBC- 7 attempts but there is no limited attempts for
SC/ST candidate...

//additional eligibility for IPS is;
-your height must be more than 165 and 160 for ST if you are male
-if you are female then your height must be more than 150 and 145
for ST....
-your chest size must be 84 cm with 5 cm expansion in case of male,
for female 79 cm with 5 cm expansion
-your eye distance vision must be 6/6 or 6/9 for good eye and 6/12
or 6/9 for worst eye and near vision is J1 for good eye and J2 for worst eye...

for further details please visit the link;
www.upsc.gov.in

you can also see the attachment given...
Attached Files
File Type: docx ips.docx(14.3 KB, 124 views)
1st October 2011, 02:52 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello Praveen,
The qualification required to be eligible for Indian Police Service is a bachelors degree in any stream. If you are a graduate, you may write the civil service exam which is conducted for recruitment of IPS officials along with other civil service officials.
The minimum eligible age is 21 years and the maximum age limit is 30 years.
To apply for the exam, you'll have to obtain the application form available at the designated post office and head post office. You may also apply online through ww.upsconline.nic.in.

Once you have applied for it, you will have to undergo the three stages of civil service exam:
Civil Service Aptitude Test
Main Exam
Interview

You'll have to qualify all the stages to become an IPS officer.
1st October 2011, 07:54 PM
convertor

hello friend,

IPS stands for Indian Police Service.

for joining in to IPS ,you have to write union public service commission exams.

that have some eligibility criteria:-

**educational qualification is graduation in any stream from any recognized university.

**there is no percentage criteria.

**age limit:-

for general candidates 21 to 30years.

for BC candidates 21 to 33years.

for SC/ST candidates 21 to 35years.

you fulfill that eligibility criteria, then apply exams.

selection process:-

1.preliminary exams

2.mains exam

3,interview.

prepare well

all the best
6th October 2011, 11:40 AM
karthi@silence g.mail.com

respected sir
i was intersteted in to become a i.p.s. officer
6th October 2011, 11:42 AM
karthi@silence g.mail.com

Default reson for my ambition

respected sir
i was intersteted in to become a i.p.s. officer because of sincierty and protect our tamilnadu also that why i become a i.p.s.officer
8th October 2011, 01:21 AM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,

I am a 42 year old man working abroad and I want to appear for IPS exam on return to India back. Is it possible me to appear for exam because of my age criteria? Please advice me. My email address is [email protected]

Thanks & regards

Rajesh
17th October 2011, 01:53 AM
Unregistered

Dear Sir,
i want to know that how to prepare for this exam, what is the stretegy to make ourself perfect for completing and getting success in this exams.

Pls.
21st October 2011, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

What are the nearer date for the IPS exam in 2012?
21st October 2011, 08:17 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

These civil services examinations(IAS\IPS\IFS\IRS) are conducted by UPSC (UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION).
For appear in these exams you must have to complete your graduation from a recognized college, whatever may be the stream is ...

the age limit for theses civil services exams are 21-30 years,.
there are 5& 3 years of age relaxations are applicable for SC\ST & OBC candidates respectively.
i.e.
21-33 years for OBC (NON-CREAMY LAYER)
21-35 years for SC\ST candidates.

the number of attempts in IPS-IAS is -
4 for a general candidate
7 for a OBC candidate
no such restriction of appearance for SC\ST candidates.

thank you
~gamble~
21st October 2011, 09:22 PM
chandni kumari 26

Thumbs up Re: Qualifications required to sit for IPS exam? Procedure to become an IPS officer?

Educational Qualification for IPS
Bachelor's Degree of a recognized university with any stream.
Age limit:21 to 30(general)
21 to 33(obc)
21 to 35(sc/st).
you have to also appear in civil services exam conducted by UPSC.
with warm regard.
chandni
23rd October 2011, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

which is the best institute for IPS study
1st November 2011, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

Requested sir,
i have interested one i gate a ips officer,please help me sir
how to perpier,please slaved me my prablem.
god grace me & i will depnetly win.
ur fathfully student
ch.kishor kumar
2nd November 2011, 03:53 PM
hrushi614

hi friend,

Eligibility criteria for IPS/IAS exams are

Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs.

Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification.

No. of permissible attempts :

Four ( Seven attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs

Fee :
Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only)
(No fee for SCs/STs/Physically disabled only)
7th November 2011, 12:18 AM
Unregistered

respected sir/mdm
im udaykumar 24 from banglore sc candidate my hight is 164 cm 12th percent 47.83 / and degree per is 61.87/ i want to become ips officer
how to prepare ips exam email me sir [email protected]

thanking you
4th December 2011, 12:24 AM
Unregistered

what is the first post after clearing IPS exam?
31st December 2011, 12:35 AM
Unregistered

sir how much detail knowlege and knowlwge of how much much field is required for the post of ips
7th February 2012, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

sir i want become a IPS officer i m student of 3rd year can i fill form IPS exam this time What are the nearer date for the IPS exam in 2012 Please advice me. My email address is
[email protected]
11th March 2012, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

what are the optional subjects for preliminary exams and main exams.
11th March 2012, 11:28 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IPS-INDIAN POLICE SERVICE, to become an IPS officer you have to appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the Graduation Degree final exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years, is eligible to apply for Civil Service Exam.

The selection is through three phases:-

CSAT-Civil Service Aptitude Test-Preliminary exam comprises of all objective type questions.

Civil Service Main Exam comprises of subjective type questions.

Personal Interview

Apart from this The candidate applying for IPS has to undergo certain Physical Fitness test.

Height should not be less then 165cm for male and 150cm for female candidate General category candidate which should not be less then 160cm for male and 145cm for female reserved category candidate.

Chest should not be less then 84cm for male and 79cm for female and expandable to 5cm in both the cases.

For more information you may log on to www.upsc.gov.in
13th March 2012, 11:50 PM
Dexter_Morgan

Hello friend,

Warm welcome my friend ...it is great question ...

After graduation(21 years)

join one best coaching center to get the full details regarding UPSC.

it contains

PRELINARY EAM
MAIN EXAM
INTERVIEW

ALL THE BEST
14th March 2012, 02:50 PM
HituvPatel

Default how to proccess in ias exam preperetion?

hello sir
I am Hitesh Patel from dalwada.i have required qualification for ias but i don't know how to join in ias exam and accept this seat.
And you give this releted material.
15th March 2012, 09:03 PM
ramandeep.2dec

Age requirement:

During the year of applying for the examination the candidate must have attained 21 years of age on 1st of August. So, minimum age limit is 21 years and the maximum age limit is 30 in the case of candidates coming under general category and 33 for OBC candidates and 35 for candidates coming under SC/ST category. In the case of ex-servicemen an age relaxation of 5 more years is given.

Educational qualification:

The candidate must be a degree holder of any discipline from a recognized university. The candidates who are in the final year of their degree course can also apply for the examination. Candidate who have completed their M.B.B.S., but not have completed the required internship during the time of submission of the application to the main examination will be provisionally admitted for the main examination.

Physical qualification for IPS:

Height: The male candidate should be 165cm and female candidate should be 150cm for general category candidates. In the case of candidates coming under SC/ST/OBC the height required is 160cm for male and 145cm for female.

Chest: Minimum requirement in the case of male candidates is 84cm and they should be able to expand the chest for 5cm. In the case of female candidates the minimum requirement is 79cm and they should be able to expand the chest for 5cm.

Eye sight: 6/12 or 6/9 distant vision for worse eye and 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. Near vision for worse eye is J2 and for good eye is J1.

The physical standards are essential for IPS, which includes weekly run for 10kms in 60 minutes, rope climbing, horse riding, PT obstacles, etc…
9th April 2012, 12:39 AM
Unregistered

hi_ i am pali from mohali last year i got 58% in 12th. . In arts plz manu daso mai hun b.a. Wich kahra subject rakha jis lai mainu ips da exam da saka ta is lai phy education subject rakhna jarruri hai...?
29th April 2012, 01:19 AM
mithu ashi
Member+

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR I.P.S STUDENT:-

Educational Qualification:-

A candidate must have a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Botany, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry,
Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Geology, Statistics and Zoology Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification.

Age limit:-
The age of the candidate must not be less than 21 years & must not be more than 30 years.
For lower caste candidates Upper age limit is some what relaxed.
For SC/ST candidates 5 years of relaxation, For O.B.C. candidates 3 years of relaxation are given.

Number of Attempts
Four attempts for open category,
Seven for O.B.C candidates
Unlimited for SC/ST candidates

STRATEGY TO CRACK EXAM:-

--IPS Exam is a competitive entrance examination.

--So, thorough preparation is needed for success.

--You must have a strong determination to study hard for getting success.

--Different coaching centers are available for IPS exam.

--Besides guidelines, these centers also provide study materials/reference books to crack in the exam.

--Practice Previous Years Question Papers.

--Manage your time & go through the syllabus in detail.
14th May 2012, 12:53 AM
Unregistered

You mentioned the format of degree as 10 2/3 3/4. So what does that basically mean? Does it include primary and seconday education(Schooling)?
14th May 2012, 01:00 AM
Meet99100

Question Re: Qualifications required to sit for IPS exam? Procedure to become an IPS officer?

You mentioned the format of degree as 10+2/3+3/4. So can i know what does that basically mean?
8th June 2012, 10:47 AM
Unregistered

hi sir i am avinash my aim is to become an IPS Officer sir. now i am in btech 3rd year.how to prepare for the exam n i am BC-A.please help me out sir plz.my no is 8885820506
12th June 2012, 12:45 PM
sheshadev senapati
Senior Member++

Dear friend,

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.

Those candidate have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

But your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidate.
In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3years and for SC/ST candidate is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be citizen of India
PROCESS BECOME A IPS OFFICER:-

1. Fill up the Application form.

2.Preliminary exam is consist of two papers.

a) General studies -----150 marks

b)From Optional subject -------300 marks

3.If you have qualify in Preliminary exam then you have to go for IPS mains exam.

4.After completion of your main exam you have to go for Interview.

Thanks
12th June 2012, 10:39 PM
guruvana244

Hi,

Minimum qualification required for IPS exam is Graduation from a recognized University.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IPS EXAM:

Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification.

Age limit: 21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, in which a candidate is appearing.
Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs.

Number of Attempts
Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

Some more details about this exam:
IPS exam are conducted by UPSC every year. You can apply offline & online.

•Apply online by using the website
http://www.upsconline.nic.in
•Apply offline by purchasing the application form from designated post offices throughout the country.

For complete details :
http://www.upsc.gov.in

15th June 2012, 03:13 PM
tl.com

hi,
Yeah absolutely you are right.!

The qualifications and procedure pattern is same with IAS,IPS,IFS etc., there are nearly 23 all india civil services. To get job in these civil services every civil aspirant has to clear a common entrance exam i.e., Civil Service examination.

This examination is conducted by a constitutional body i.e., UPSC which is abbreviated as Union Public Service Commission.

The qualifications that are required for this common entrance examination are

1) you should have 21 years of age to enroll.
2) you should complete at least a degree from a recognized Indian university.

additional qualifications are

1)you should be an Indian only to become IAS officer
2)you should fill the physical requirements to become IPS officer
3)you should know at least a foreign language to become IFS officer

In this way the sub qualifications are there. As you are interested to become IPS officer only the main 2 qualifications and the 2nd qualification of additional qualifications list need to be fulfilled.

To say the procedure to become a IPS officer, it looks simple , but it is not that when it comes in to reality.

Anyways.
The procedure steps to become IPS officer is as follows :-

:- you have to complete your degree in the format of 10+2/3+3/4 in any stream of your choice,there is no compulsion about the stream.

:- After completing your degree you need to get registered for UPSC civil service examination with effect of a Notification.

:-after that you need to clear three stage examination pattern. i.e., Civil service aptitude test,Mains test,Personal Interview.

:-Finally after getting your rank according to that you will be given your desired service if you rank desires that.

:- Then training for a certain period after that you will be placed as Junior Officer in your cadre.

This is the procedure of how to become IPS officer.

For further details about UPSC Civil service exam you have to visit the official website
To View the official website Just Click here

thanks
16th August 2012, 12:19 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

* IPS stands For " Indian Police Service".

The Qualifications required to sit for IPS Exam are :

* You must have completed your graduation from any recognized college/university.

* Your age should lie in between 21-30 years.

* There is also a relaxation in upper age of 3 years for OBC category and of 5 years for SC/ST category.

* You must be physically and mentally fit.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
27th August 2012, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

How much weight is essential for IPS Exam for Women???
4th September 2012, 11:35 PM
Unregistered

can i join ips after 12th.
5th September 2012, 06:30 PM
div29

Dear friend,

To become an IPS officer you should write the civil services exam.

civil services exam is conducted by the UPSC once a year.

The following are the eligibility criteria to appear in the civil services exam:

general category:21 to 30 years
obc:21 to 33 years
sc/st:21 to 35 years.

A candidate must have attained 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years as on 1 august in the year of examination

the candidate must hold a degree of any of universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislatures of india or declared to be deemed as university under section 3 of the UGC act 1956.

general categort:4 attempts
obc: 7 attempts
sc/st: unlimited attempts.

procedure is to crack the civil services exam and to be medically fit.

try to get a rank below 200 to be on safer side to get in to IPS.

The physical fitness is very important and the nature of job demands such fitness.

the preliminary exam will be held in the month of may every year

the mains exam will be held in the month of october/november

the interview will be held in the month of april/march.

the final result will be out in the month of may next year.

the above mentioned schedule is tentative and may change.

all the best
13th January 2013, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

total expenditure to become an IPS
20th May 2013, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

Hi..
This is priyanka,
I have just given my hsc examination & I want to become IPS Officer & the age required is 21 & nw i'm just 18years so can I give external graduation examination & try for constable & den give IPs exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?