6th September 2011, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

Reference Books to prepare for SET Exam being a candidate having completed MA in English?

Hi...i have completet my M.A. in English & now i m appeare for Set exam so,pls give me some reference books names.

24th September 2011, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Reference Books to prepare for SET Exam being a candidate having completed MA in English?

How can i get previous year solved question papers of English?
8th December 2011, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Reference Books to prepare for SET Exam being a candidate having completed MA in English?

i want previous year set exam papers
8th December 2011, 04:51 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,

State Eligibility Test(SET)is one of the best state level examination for Lectureship like the National Eligibility Test(NET),conducted by the University Grants Commission (U.G.C.).

Eligibility For SET:

1:You should have the Master's Degree from an institution recognized by U.G.C.

2:SC/ST candidates who have secured minimum 55% marks in Master's Degree or equivalent examination, are eligible for this test.

3:you can not be allowed to appear in the test if

you are in first year of two years course of Master's Degree.
or
you are in first two semesters of a four semesters course of Master's Degree.

4:There is no age limit to appear in the test.

The good books for Preparing SET Entrance Examination

A)‘Upkars UGC SET/JRF/NET Computer Science and Application paper 2 and 3 written by Sunil Kumar Ojha

B)‘Upkars CSIR UGC SLET/JRF/NET Chemical Sciences wrote by Hemant Kulshreshtra and Ajay Taneja.

C)physical education written by Stephen J Silverman and Catherine D Ennis

D)political sciences written by Stephen Van Evera

E)political theory of global citizenship written by April Carter.
26th May 2012, 12:07 AM
Unregistered

iam completed my MA english .i wanted to prepare for SET exam.thus please give me information about its preaparations
10th July 2012, 10:51 AM
Unregistered

i have master degree in english .which book i should buy to prepare for set exam 2012 ?
15th July 2012, 08:19 AM
neelu.panday

Reference Books to prepare for SET Exam being a candidate having completed MSC in mathe ?
20th August 2012, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

i am complited BA and i prepared set exam 2012
13th October 2012, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my M.A English and B.Ed Which book should i prefer for English SET exam
6th April 2013, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

i am appearing for General paper of SET Symbioses. Which books should i study from
25th April 2013, 11:55 PM
sudhakar712

i have master degree in english .which book i should buy to prepare for set exam 2012 ?
12th October 2013, 02:24 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down Re: Reference Books to prepare for SET Exam being a candidate having completed MA in English?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
iam completed my MA english .i wanted to prepare for SET exam.thus please give me information about its preaparations
Your English is pathetic and lousy and don't you claim yourself as MA degree holder. I reckon you must be a quota candidate like SC, or ST. Education should be in genes not to be thrusted upon you people by way of quotas and compromise. It's rather good for the world if you remain as uncouth. Take my advice and inform all your clan to stay away from education. Balls to your query.

Regards,

Nakeran
12th October 2013, 02:36 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down Re: Reference Books to prepare for SET Exam being a candidate having completed MA in English?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Your English is pathetic and lousy and don't you claim yourself as MA degree holder. I reckon you must be a quota candidate like SC, or ST. Education should be in genes not to be thrusted upon you people by way of quotas and compromise. It's rather good for the world if you remain as uncouth. Take my advice and inform all your clan to stay away from education. Balls to your query.

Regards,

Nakeran
22nd October 2014, 12:46 AM
Unregistered

which books should i refer for SET exam english.?
will it be possible in 2 months..........?if yes.how?please reply......
27th March 2015, 11:22 PM
PRASHANT8149
Senior Member+

SET stands for State Eligibility Test.

Candidate who have completed his/her Master degree from any recognised university can apply for this exam.

Reference Books to prepare for SET Exam being a candidate having completed MA in English are :
  • An Objective Approach to English Literature for NET, JRF, SLET and Pre-Ph.D. Registration Test 01 Edition by Ivan K. Masih, K.K. Narayan
  • Objective Type Questions On Literature In English For UGC's NET by Bhim S. Dahiya
  • UGC NET/JRF/SLET English (Paper - II & III) 1st Edition by B. B. Jain
  • UGC NET/JRF/SET English Literature (Paper - II) by B. B. Jain
  • Upkars UGC SET/JRF/NET Computer Science and Application paper 2 and 3 by Sunil Kumar Ojha
  • UGC NET/SLET Computer Science and Applications by G.K.P
  • UGC-NET: Environmental Sciences (Paper I, II & III) by R. Gupta
  • UGC University Grants Commission NET National Eligibility Test /SET State Eligibility Test for Lectureship Exam (Paper - 1) by Sajit Kumar, M. Gagan
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?