20th December 2010, 07:13 PM
Prof.Vijay Povhane

Related material for my thesis in the topic of TV programs?

Sir,
I m Prof.vijay Povhane Doing my Ph.D. In Education. I wants some related Material for my thesis. My topic related to TV Programs.

20th December 2010, 10:59 PM
nishant1110

Default Re: Related material for my thesis in the topic of TV programs?

Dear professor,

We could have settled onto a better solution if you had mentioned the exact area of your interest. However, since Education is sufficient to direct my thoughts, here's to you...

Suggestions on topics
1. Critical analysis of content of various programmes on TV and their effect on various social groups
2. TV viewing and its effects on Children's concentration power
3. To support the advent of educational TV channels - are we facing a breach on the Right to choice?
4. Formal statistical analysis on the viewership of reality shows on TV and comparison with Discovery, National Geographic, Fox History, Animal Planet etc.
...you can devise even more, its entirely your choice

Abstract (A suggestion that you could incorporate)
"Some things are evident, while some others just can't be explained. The social, economic and educational status of TV viewing hangs somewhere in between. While on one end, the TV brings educational programmes that involve Kids-speak, creativity development, professional encouragement, success stories, discovery, resource conservation practices and various forms of scientific and productive thought for the young and the aged alike, there remain counterproductive TV programmes that deviate the mind towards lethargy or even violence. There are programmes that deserve free public broadcast, while there are others that demand parental control.

A new study shows that only one in eight children's education TV programs meet high quality standards. Commercialization leads to complication. So the mind is put to reason: is it time we really need to critically examine the gross effect TV viewing has on modern youth, and leave the standards' onus on them? Or do we need stringency, that controls the stuff on air by the mindset of a few moderators? ...... The answer lies with us. So here's this thesis to support (or oppose, as you like)......"

Some sources of info
tojde.anadolu.edu.tr/tojde18/pdf/article_9.pdf
www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/11/081112113557.htm
www.museum.tv/eotvsection.php?entrycode=educationalt

Best wishes, and if you like, we can communicate by email ([email protected]) so that we can do this job together.

nishant1110
21st December 2010, 02:30 PM
anitha03

hello sir here i attached research abstract about television and related topics, find the attachmen,,,
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TELEVISION.pdf(248.8 KB, 421 views)
20th November 2013, 05:26 PM
Unregistered

I am thinking to do undergraduate dissertation on "music piracy" or"movies in theater vs movies online" .I need some help on it.I 'm so very confused.my id is [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?