17th September 2012, 11:29 AM
Unregistered

Required Percentage of Marks in Graduation to be eligible for IAS Preliminary Exam?

How much percentage of gradution needs in IAS perliminary examination?

1st October 2012, 11:26 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Required Percentage of Marks in Graduation to be eligible for IAS Preliminary Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How much percentage of gradution needs in IAS perliminary examination?
IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services and to become IAS officer you not need to scored any minimum percentage of marks in your graduation, If you have passed in your graduation then it is enough to apply for this examination, to become IAS, you need to appear for the UPSC Civil services examination, this examination is conducted by UPSC every year.

So, you can apply for IAS exam either in last year of graduation or after completing graduation.

To apply for CSE Examination, your age should between 21 to 30 years, relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC candidates.

Notification for next year will come in February 2013 in all national dailies & employment news. Number of attempts are also limited, 4 for general, 6 for OBC, while SC/ST no limit.

The examination is conducted in 2 stages, preliminary and Mains, but you have to appeared for the Preliminary examination first.

Preliminary is basically consist of general science, awareness question and some mental ability questions. For Mains, you have to select two optionals , two languages, one essay exam.

The examination is competitive and lots of candidates appeared for this examination every year, you need good preparation to cracked this examination.

The notification is published in February next year, if you need more information then please check official website of UPSC.
1st October 2012, 01:40 PM
MOUSE92

Default Re: Required Percentage of Marks in Graduation to be eligible for IAS Preliminary Exam?

dear,

in order to become ias officer you have to face civil services exam which is conducted by upsc every year

eligibility:

education qualification:
--10 th pass
--12th pass from any field

--graduation from any field

age limit:

general: 21 to 30 yrs

sc/st: 21 to 35 yrs

obc: 21 to 33 yrs

number of attempts:

general: 4

obc:7

sc/st: no limit

exam procedure:

written exam

main

interview
2nd October 2012, 10:19 PM
Unregistered

i am from jammu and kashmir my question is i want to give kas exam is any percentage needs in graduation level or how can i apply for kas exam and wat is the procedure for this exam
3rd October 2012, 09:15 AM
jal navya

Smile Re: Required Percentage of Marks in Graduation to be eligible for IAS Preliminary Exam?

hello,

eligibility for IAS EXAM:-

you should have to passed 10th, 12th and graduate in any stream.

age for general candidates 21 to 30 years.

age for ob c 21 to 33 years.

age for sc/st 21 to 35 yers.

NO OF ATTEMPTS:-

general-4
ob c- 7
sc/st- no limits

all the best
21st December 2012, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

how much percentage required in B.A. ti eligible in ias exam
26th February 2013, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

require percentage of marks in degree for appearing KAS exam?
17th April 2013, 01:15 AM
Unregistered

i have a gap in my examination of enth,twelve or grad....can i appear for the exam of ips...
11th June 2013, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

i want to become a IAS officer i want to know how much percentage i have to get to qualify main exam and interview
17th October 2013, 10:40 PM
Unregistered

How much IAS pass percentage in2012
4th February 2014, 01:36 AM
Unregistered

less than 45% can eligible in kas exm
3rd March 2014, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

i have completed 10,diploma & Engineering in electronics & communication ,can i attend ias/kas exam.
11th March 2014, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

how many marks are required out of,to get qualifiy for IAS main examination
12th March 2014, 08:00 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. This is one of the top civil service in India.

The minimum academic qualification with which a candidate can appear for IAS Exam is by completion of Graduation from a recognized university.

Candidates who completed Graduation with any of the stream are eligible to apply for this Exam.

Candidates who have appeared for final year exams of Graduation and waiting for the results can also apply for this Exam.

No percentage of marks criteria required for the candidates in Graduation. Successful completion of Graduation is more than enough in making the candidate to be eligible for this Exam.

The complete selection procedure would involve
Civil Services Aptitude Test
Civil Services Main Exam
Interview

This civil services exam is the common written exam to be placed in all the civil services like
Indian Administrative Service
Indian Police Service
Indian Revenue Service
Indian Foreign Service

Here is the required age criteria for the candidates to apply for this Exam.

Candidates of General category should be in the age group of 21-30 years.
Relaxation in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.
Relaxation in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC or ST category.

You did not mention the highest level of academic qualification that you have.

If you fulfill the above mentioned criteria, I suggest you to have good preparation for this Exam and crack it.

Wish you all the best.
22nd September 2014, 11:26 AM
Unregistered

sir, i hv one query for ias exam, Is less then 40% mrks are eligible for ias exam????
Pls sir rply me ans as soon as possible.......
22nd June 2015, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

if i have choosen mathematics as main subject then up to which standard it should be clear to me?
24th July 2015, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

I am physically handicapped and graduate student.and marks percentage in graduation is 44% .
Now i want to apply for IAS exam.can i apply..
29th January 2019, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

My graduation degree is of the second class in Mechanical Engineering....am i eligible for IAS exam
3rd March 2020, 02:42 PM
Unregistered

How mach parcentege in degree
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?