22nd September 2012, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

Required Qualification to become an IPS Officer after completion of 12th Class?

What is the required qualification after 12 class to become an i.p.s. Officer

24th September 2012, 12:50 AM
invinci

Default Re: Required Qualification to become an IPS Officer after completion of 12th Class?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is the required qualification after 12 class to become an i.p.s. Officer
Dear Friend,

You can choose any field of education (Arts/Science/Commerce)
You just need to clear your Graduation in any discipline to apply for Civil Services Examination.
Minimum education qualification required to appear for IAS Examination is Graduation in any stream from recognised University.
Percentage don't matter. You just need to be cleared in your Graduation.

All the best.
Regards.
30th November 2012, 01:44 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Required Qualification to become an IPS Officer after completion of 12th Class?

IPS Exam Eligibility Criteria

IPS stands for Indian Police Service

IPS is an all India service like IAS and IFS. You need have to rank well in the Indian Civil Services exam to be an IPS officer. How to be an IPS officer and what is the eligibility is not clear to most of us. Read below to find out.

Educational Qualification and Age:

The minimum educational qualification of an IPS officer is Graduation (10+2+3/4) under any recognized Indian University.

A plain graduation degree is enough; you need not to have first class or any minimum grade or result to be eligible.

You are equally eligible to be an IPS officer if you are a Pass Graduate, i.e. without Honours.

Technical students like an Engineering graduate or an MBBS pass out may appear for the exam to be an IPS officer.

The minimum age requirement for General (UR) category students is 21 to 30 years. The OBC students will get 3 years age relaxation while the SC/ST students will get 5 years.

Physical Qualification:

The service is for Police forces where fitness is a must. So, you should have to possess the ability to do hard works.

Height: To be an IAS you need have to have a minimum height of 165 cm for men and 160 cm for women. Some particular races and tribes like Gorkhas and Garhwalis will get 5cm height relaxation, because genetically there average height is lower and they are famous as martial races.

Chest: The minimum chest girth for men is 84cm while for women it is 79cm. In both cases it should be expandable to 5cm.

General fitness: Your body should be totally fit. If you are a handicap then you are not eligible for the job. If you have some physical deformity then you may be discarded during medical examination.

Vision: Corrected vision is allowed, i.e. if you have spectacles though you will be eligible. But myopia is allowed up to -4D and Hypermetropia is up to +4D.

Color blindness and lack of binocular vision are not allowed.
22nd December 2012, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

What should i do after completion of bcom degree to become an ias officer.?
22nd December 2012, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

What should i do after completion of bcom degree to become an ias officer.?
16th February 2013, 05:08 PM
Unregistered

is it possible to write the IPS exams while in final year of bcom
21st February 2013, 11:21 AM
Unregistered

I am jaswinder kaur i am B.ed teacher.i want become IPS officer what should i do for this ?
3rd April 2013, 05:15 PM
Unregistered

i have tattoo in my right hand.can i appear to ips exam ?
1st June 2013, 07:09 PM
Unregistered

Is Diploma qualified candidate atten IPS exam?
11th June 2013, 10:48 AM
Unregistered

I am student of 12th class who suaject i am study to become a ips officer
15th October 2013, 10:28 AM
Unregistered

Am 33 years old now can I appear for the exam
21st May 2014, 01:37 AM
Unregistered

I have a Bcom complete my degree so what are the joining in IPS officers.
25th August 2014, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

My name is Robin, and i am compliting my 12th from open learning (NIOS), so can i do for IPS....?
27th March 2015, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

I wish to join ips,police force for controling law and,order.what is the rank needed to be a,ips officer
30th March 2015, 05:38 PM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

If you want to apply IPS officer exam then first you need to complete Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized University.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service.

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC under Civil Services exam in every year.

Eligibility criteria:-

Candidate should be an Indian citizen.

Candidate should be completed Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized University.

Age should be between 21 years to 30 years for General category candidates.

3 years age relaxation for OBC category candidates

And 5 years for SC/ST category candidates .

Physical requirement :-

Height: –

Male 165 cm Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm

Female 150 cm Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm

Chest :–

Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.

Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.

Number of Attempts:-

General category candidates - 4 time

OBC category Candidates - 7 time

SC/ST category candidates - No limit.
30th March 2015, 10:18 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

I.P.S. stands for Indian Police Service .For becoming an I.P.S. officer you will first have to crack civil services examination held one time in a year by Union Public Service Commission .

For eligibility civil services exam you should have qualifications given below:-

-->> You must have the citizenship of India .

-->> Your age must be within 21 years to 30 years if you are a general candidate .Otherwise there is provision for age relaxation for other categories as per government rules .

-->> You must have done your graduation or pursuing final year of same with any stream of your choice from a recognized university .

The examination will be taken in three phases which are (I) Preliminary test (II)Mains (III) Personal Interview .

Also the maximum number attempts provided for cracking this examination varies from one category to another category .

So for achieving your goal you should first go for your graduation with stream of your interest .

For more information visit the official website of U.P.S.C. i.e; www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?