20th April 2018, 02:03 AM
Unregistered

Science or Commerce, which is better to study to become an IAS Officer?

Hello everyone, my aim is to become an IAS Officer. I have given my 10th Board exam from CBSE Board. I want to know which stream I should take in between Science and Commerce that helps me to become an IAS Officer?

28th April 2018, 05:55 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Science or Commerce, which is better to study to become an IAS Officer?

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Officer and for recruitment you have to appear and qualify for all three stages of Civil Service examination.

There is no limitation on discipline of bachelor degree to appear for examination.

You can pursue any stream to appear for examination according to your interest. Candidates passed bachelor and 12th in various stream are eligible to qualify for examination. Most of the candidates select the optional paper from arts subject.

For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
30th April 2018, 10:31 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Science or Commerce, which is better to study to become an IAS Officer?

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. Civil Services examination examination is conducted by UPSC every year for selection of candidates to different services like IAS, IRS, IPS etc.

The academic qualification required to appear for this exam is bachelor's degree. Graduates from all discipline are eligible. All streams are good for this exam. Candidates need to select stream depending upon their interest. The minimum age required to apply for exam is 21 years.
30th April 2018, 02:49 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.

Examination conducting body: Union Public Service Commission.

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

Age criteria is 21 -32 years.

Both streams are better for this exam. Many candidates have cleared this exam from commerce as well as science stream. You can select in which you have interest.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?