21st August 2020, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

Which Science subject combination to opt for joining IAF as a Fighter Plane Pilot?

Hello, myself Saipreet and I have just passed my 10th boards with 92.9%. Now the problem I'm facing is, I'm have chosen Science stream to join Indian Air Force as a Fighter Plane Pilot but, I'm confused whether to take PCME or PCMB subject combination. Please, clarify my doubts.

23rd August 2020, 06:37 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which Science subject combination to opt for joining IAF as a Fighter Plane Pilot?

For joining Indian Navy or Indian Air Force, you must have studied Physics and Mathematics in 11th and 12th standard.

Additionally, if you have knowledge of Computer Science, then it would be bonus for you to understand technical or computer related things for flying Fighter Pilot.

Since, PCME and PCMB streams contains Physics and Mathematics so you can choose any stream among them. There is difference of Electronics and Biology only. However, if you are choosing PCME then like Computer Science, Electronics will help you a lot here.

So, better you choose PCME stream.

After passing 12th standard, you can apply for NDA exam for getting admission to defence academy. After getting training there, you can get entry to Indian Aviation Academy and then Indian Air Force.

You can also apply for NDA while studying 12th standard. Note that for qualifying NDA, you need to qualify Written Test and then SSB Interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?