22nd June 2010, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

Scope of biotech in future and what are the best colleges to do biotech course?

WHAT IS THE SCOPE OF BIOTECH IN FUTURE AND WHICH COLLEGES ARE BEST TO DO Biotech

Related Questions:
  1. What is the scope after BSc Hons Biotech?
  2. Scope of B.Tech in Biotech in future? Best colleges for the same?
  3. Best colleges for Biomedical engineering? is it better than Biotechnology? Scope in future?
  4. Which has higher scope M.sc.Biotech or M.Sc.Microbiology? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Which is better between BSc Biotech and B.Tech Biotech? What is the job scope in both?
  6. Scope of biotech in future and what are the best colleges to do biotech course?
  7. What are the career opportunities and future prospects available(In India and abroad) for Biotech students?
  8. Government colleges for biotech and its scope -- [New]
  9. Top colleges for MSc Biotech course?
  10. What are the scopes available for biotech in Germany and London? List of the top colleges in Germany and London for the same? I am in B.Sc, 2nd year with biotech stream
  11. Should I go for MBBS or Biotech? Is there any scope for Biotech in india?
  12. Pharmacy & Biotech: Which field offers better career?
  13. Where is a better scope to do MS in Biotech?
  14. What to do after 12th to make a career in Biotech? Which are the courses available after 12th? Any scope in future? Percentage criteria and cutoff list of the colleges?
  15. Will B.ech Biotech help me to get a good salaried job? What is the scope in it? Best colleges for B.Tech Biotech in India?
  16. Which one is better in terms of job scope - M.Sc. Biotech or M.Sc. Medical Biotech?
  17. Which country is best for PG Biotech?
  18. Can I do M.Tech in Biotech having completed B.Sc in Biotech? Information regarding the colleges offering M.Tech Biotech in India?
23rd June 2010, 12:15 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Scope of biotech in future and what are the best colleges to do biotech course?

The scope of Biotech is tremendous. so go for it no doubt. Biotechnology is considered as a hot favourite since the lots of jobs are coming out for Biotechnologists

It was even said that biotechnology comes in the league of Engineering,Medicine. So you can see how good career it is

But with just BSc in biotech you wont be successful. So a masters is a must.

So go for it wholeheartedly

Cheers
23rd June 2010, 07:48 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Scope of biotech in future and what are the best colleges to do biotech course?

Hello friend,
In the coming few years, there's going to be many job oppurtunities in this field because according to the experts, more than 150 foreign firms are likely to outsource research and development jobs in India.
Apart from that, job prospects in the field of biotechnology in present scenario is not bad too. You may join biotech companies, government bodies, can also approach for managerial position in agri-biotech firms and ofcourse teaching is one of the better options.

Some of the best institutes which offers biotech course are as follows:

Anna University,
Chennai-600025, INDIA
Phone: 2350772, 2350299
Email: [email protected]

JAWAHARLAL NEHRU UNIVERSITY
New Delhi – 110067
Phone: 26165886/ 26167557

ALL INDIA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES
Ansari Nagar, New Delhi – 110025

JADAVPUR UNIVERSITY
Jadavpur, Kolkata – 700032
Ph: 4735508

INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY BOMBAY (IITB)
Powai, Mumbai – 400076 Tel: 25722545

INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY DELHI
Haus Khas, New Delhi –110016
Tel: 26582222/ 26581696

INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY GUWAHATI

North Guwahati –781039 Assam
Phone: 2690321/28/2690401/2690761

INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY MADRAS (IITM)
Chennai –600036 Phone 2578058

DEPARTMENT OF BIOTECHNOLOGY
IIT Kharagpur – 721302
Tel: 322283758

NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF PHARMACEUTICAL EDUCATION & RESEARCH (NIPER)
Sector 67, SAS Nagar, (Mohali) – 160062

BHARATHIAR UNIVERSITY
Coimbatore – 46

BIOINFORMATICS CENTRE (D.I.C.)
University of Pune,
Pune – 411007
Tel: 5690195/5692039

DEPARTMENT OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES AND BIO-ENGINEERING
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
Kanpur – 208016 Tel: 0512-597236

RAI UNIVERSITY
RAIPUR
Delhi: A-41, MCIE, Mathura Road, New Delhi-110044
Tel: (011) 51560000/ 70000, 26959000
Mobile: (011) 32740932/7/8/9

ASIA-PACIFIC INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT
(Opp. Pocket-E, Sarita Vihar, New Delhi 110044
Tel: 011-26947838,26958533

INSTITUTE OF PUBLIC HEALTH & HYGIENE
RZ-A-44, Mahipalpur, New Delhi-37
Tel: 26782850/51/52/53/54

ISHAN COLLEGE OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION
1A/1, Knowledge Park-I, Greater Noida
Tel: 0120-2326024 011-23379988/66
23rd June 2010, 11:08 AM
SJ.18
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
WHAT IS THE SCOPE OF BIOTECH IN FUTURE AND WHICH COLLEGES ARE BEST TO DO Biotech
Hi
The scope of biotechnology in India is also enormous.According to recent survey, asia is to become hottest biotechnology related research and development .
So, dont confused about this course.
Best college in india are below given
ST STEPHEN'S, DELHI
Presidency, Calcutta
St Xavier's, Mumbai
LSR, Delhi
St Xavier's, Calcutta (TIE) Hindu, Delhi
Good luck
23rd June 2010, 11:22 AM
jicks

Hi,

Bio-Technology evolved from Biology and Technology. There is tremendous scope in this field, owing to its demand in Chemical, agricultural field.
You can have careers in Pharmaceutical companies in the areas of production, planning, and manufacture of medicines. Various jobs are available in research, production of new drugs, as Research Scientist, Bio-Informists. Quality control officer in number of Agriculture based industries, involved in manufacture of fertilizers. Also you have ample opportunities in Government sectors, Private sectors, and lastly Teaching profession in Colleges, Universities.

Getting PG Degree is essential for better job prospects.

Some of the Best colleges offering Bio-technology course:
AIIMS,Delhi
University of Madras
Anna University,Chennai
Universtiy of Pune
I.I.T.Delhi
Jawaharlal Nehru University

All the Best....
Amity Institute of Biotechnology
23rd June 2010, 12:44 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Hello,
The scope of Bio-tech ,these days are very prospective.
You can do works at R & D field as well as other innovations.
So go for it.

Here is the list of top ten Bio-tech colleges in india:
1. Rajiv Gandhi Center for Biotechnology, Trivandrum
2. School of Life Sciences, University of Hyderaba
3. National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal, Haryana
4. Institute of Chemical Technology, University of Mumbai,mumbai
5. Department of Biochemical Engineering & Biotechnology, Indian Institute of Technology,New Delhi
6. University School of Biotechnology, Guru Govind Singh Indraprasths University ,New Delhi
7. Department of Microbiology & Biotechnology Centre, Faculty of Science, The Maharaja Sayaji Rao University of Baroda Vadodra, Gujarat
8. Department of Animal Biotechnology, Madras Veterinary College, Tamilnadu
9. University Institute of Engineering & Technology, Punjab University,Chandigarh
10. Department of Plant Molecular Biology & Biotechnology, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University

Good luck.
23rd June 2010, 02:07 PM
kool
Senior Member++

dear friend, now a days the stream bio technology is very demanded in specially research & medical companies.
Many medicine manufacturer companies like cadila, ranbaxy, glaxo etc recruits the student which specialization in bio-tech.
There are so many colleges offers the course.
you can appear in IIT-JEE,AIEEE, & many other exams for biotech.
& one of the most reputed private college for this course is Allahabad agricultural Institute.
you can visit www.aaidu.org

good luck.
23rd June 2010, 03:59 PM
August
Senior Member+

dear frnd

u dont worry about the scope

it is a subject of research still now it is in developing stage many new things are coming day by day.

there is a list of good colleges 4 BIOTECH u can choose any one of them

1.JAWEAHARLAL NEHRU UNIVERSITY

2.ALL INDIA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES

3.JADAVPUR UNIVERSITY

4.INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY BOMBAY \

5.INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY DELHI

6.DEPARTMENT OF BIOTECHNOLOGY

7.SRI RAMCHANDRA MEDICAL COLLEGE & RESEARCH INSTITUTE (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)

8.Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences

9.NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF PHARMACEUTICAL EDUCATION & RESEARCH (NIPER)
10.University of Pune

best of luck
23rd June 2010, 06:42 PM
siddharthkathuria

Red face Re: Scope of biotech in future and what are the best colleges to do biotech course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
the scope in biotech is fine. but you may have to struggle so i suggest don't go for it
23rd June 2010, 07:18 PM
karthu
Senior Member+

Hello
Nowadays,biotechnology is developing.There are a lot of scopes in this field.You may go for GENETIC engg,GENE THERAPY, TISUE CULTURE, ENZYME ENGG & TECH,NANOBIOTECH,BIOMEDIADTION,DRUG DESIGN etc.
So all the best
28th June 2010, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

Hi,ve completed my bsc biotech nw m confused abt my further studies
15th July 2010, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

Hello,
i am confused abt my career what is future in biotech now today is computer generation so more scope in software engg.& computers.microbiology had more value in pharma.co. can i reply is biotech studys more u are more useful my future.

neha
Best wishes
12th May 2011, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

i like to do m.sc biomedical genetics but what i got information is m.sc biotechnology is there more scope than biomedical genetics.. pls tell me about biomedical genetics and its scope
11th June 2011, 12:10 AM
Unregistered

How much percentage req. 4 taking admisn in biotech engg??
4th August 2011, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

hello sir,i'm very much confused about my future .actually i have completed bsc. in biological science with aggregate 77%.and i want to do msc. biotech from a well reputed college but as i'm from uttarakhand my parents want me to do it from gb pant university.i only want to know whether the university is good having better placement facilities for well studying child.and can i get job after doing msc. biotech from there.plz suggest.
29th September 2011, 12:37 PM
sonal barnwal

sir,i completed my b.sc. (botany,chemistry)now i m confused for m.sc in biotech/botany.if i completed m.sc.from biotech then can i get job in this field?where i apply for biotech training...?please help soon it possible
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?