26th January 2011, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

Scope in Clinical research after M.Sc (Biotechnology)? Salary variation between PG Diploma and M.Tech (Biotechnology)? Scope of M.Tech (Biotechnology) after M.Sc? Areas of jobs?

i have done my bsc biotech and now doing my msc biotechnology final semester, i wanna study further and i wish to know the scope of clinical research after msc, and does the salary vary b/w pg diploma and postgraduate in clinical research, also wish to know the scope of mtech biotechnology after msc ,which has more scope and in what areas can i apply for job in both fields as im a average student
THANK YOU

1st February 2011, 12:20 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Scope in Clinical research after M.Sc (Biotechnology)? Salary variation between PG Diploma and M.Tech (Biotechnology)? Scope of M.Tech (Biotechnology) after M.Sc? Areas of jobs?

Dear friend,

Wow..so many queries!!! Well, i am trying to answer these one by one.

It is well appreciated that you want to go for clinical research after your M.Sc in biotechnology. But as you already completed your Master's degree with biotechnology, you can go for some typical research work in clinical research.

There are prestigious institutes like CREMA, ICRI etc where you can get your research works done.

Different pharmaceuticals and clinical research organizations seek for qualified and trained clinical research professionals.

After some years of experience your salary will also be increased as well.

There is no such a big salary variation between PG diploma and M.Tech(biotechnology). The demand for both is nearby the same.

It will be better if you opt for the M.Tech(biotechnology) course at this moment. Because the technical base is preferred these days everywhere.

Good luck!!
3rd February 2011, 03:11 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Scope in Clinical research after M.Sc (Biotechnology)? Salary variation between PG Diploma and M.Tech (Biotechnology)? Scope of M.Tech (Biotechnology) after M.Sc? Areas of jobs?

there are no future for a biotechnology student in real means and i think the courses should be stopped proceeding because it has no mean to doing biotechnology courses whether it is B.sc or M.sc or M.tech courses. i m also a student of biotechnology and i want to say that govt. should stop these courses because it requires a good investment from students pocket but if u talking about returns forget it. evan a pass course guy who invest a very small amount of money have more option than us. so please never gives the idea for biotechnology to anybody because it is future destroyer. and i suggest that biology is the wrosest subject in all evan arts is an better option than biology the biology should be taken by only those person who compeletely decided to be a doctor unless there are no safe option in biology.i am a M.sc biotechnology student with good acedemic records but when i m looking for jobs i get nothing for me.
so please come with me to save the future of our youngers
and "say biotechnology to no as an carrier option"
vivek gupta
6th February 2011, 10:51 PM
Unregistered

I m dng M.Sc in biotech as well as certificate course in clinical research as an add on course.............bt m nw confused whr to go........?? can u suggest me whr i can get gd earnings n can get jobs easily..........?????
12th February 2011, 10:35 AM
Unregistered

sir i am copleted bsc agri biotechnology tell me about next careear
14th February 2011, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

sir i m student of msc biotech 2nd sem and i want to know that any job can be meet me just after complete my msc biotech.
19th February 2011, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

gud mrng,
sir i m d studnt of M.Sc.biotechnology n i wana 9 about the field of....... n tell me how cn i get gud job n i cn use ma study in better way..........thank u
2nd March 2011, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

sir i persuing msc biotechnology and i want to do m.tech. and pls tell me future of biotechnology after m.tech or p.h.d and send to my e.mail.id [email protected]
22nd March 2011, 12:11 AM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
According to my knowledge-
It is well appreciated that you want to go for clinical research after your M.Sc in biotechnology. But as you already completed your Master's degree with biotechnology, you can go for some typical research work in clinical research.

There are prestigious institutes like CREMA, ICRI etc where you can get your research works done.

Different pharmaceuticals and clinical research organizations seek for qualified and trained clinical research professionals.

There is no such a big salary variation between PG diploma and M.Tech(biotechnology). The demand for both is nearby the same.

It will be better if you opt for the M.Tech(biotechnology) course at this moment. Because the technical base is preferred these days everywhere.
Thanks.
All the best.
18th April 2011, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

I have just given my 12th and waiting for results. I had thought about opting for B.Sc. Biotechnology admission for F.Y. as I thought further the scope would increase in tht.. But Im shocked reading some comments... Sir please assist me whether I should really go in for Biotech or no? And if not , then which field can I choose ? So that I get a good job and a good pay when i complete the respective course and start working?
2nd May 2011, 01:57 AM
Unregistered

hello sir i hav just given my 12th boards in science n am waiting for my results.i had thought of opting for biotechnology but after reading certain comments here i've been disheartened so plz assist me whether i should really take this subject up or not?reply me here or on my e mail id : [email protected]
plz do reply it would b of gr8 help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8th May 2011, 10:35 AM
Unregistered

i have 2 say that biotechnology courses should be stopped by govt. b coz its a future distroyer
17th May 2011, 01:38 AM
Unregistered

part time instatiute in pg diploma after bsc biotech
23rd May 2011, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

p.g.diploma in biotechnology have no scope .these course should be stopped.
24th May 2011, 08:48 PM
Unregistered

is there much scope in biotechnology in india
29th May 2011, 01:42 PM
Unregistered

i want to do clinical research after msc.biotech.so pls suggest me the institute where i can complete my study.thank you.
31st May 2011, 11:14 PM
Unregistered

I am prsuing M.Sc. Biotech n this is my 2nd sem, can anyone pls suggest me what will be the next option for studies or is there any job after completng this course???????
4th June 2011, 02:05 AM
Unregistered

Angry Re: Scope in Clinical research after M.Sc (Biotechnology)? Salary variation between PG Diploma and M.Tech (Biotechnology)? Scope of M.Tech (Biotechnology) after M.Sc? Areas of jobs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
there are no future for a biotechnology student in real means and i think the courses should be stopped proceeding because it has no mean to doing biotechnology courses whether it is B.sc or M.sc or M.tech courses. i m also a student of biotechnology and i want to say that govt. should stop these courses because it requires a good investment from students pocket but if u talking about returns forget it. evan a pass course guy who invest a very small amount of money have more option than us. so please never gives the idea for biotechnology to anybody because it is future destroyer. and i suggest that biology is the wrosest subject in all evan arts is an better option than biology the biology should be taken by only those person who compeletely decided to be a doctor unless there are no safe option in biology.i am a M.sc biotechnology student with good acedemic records but when i m looking for jobs i get nothing for me.
vivek gupta
hello sir if u rnt interestd in dis subject of biotechnology dn y had chose dis n if u hv confidence n strong will, u can win wrld dere will b no xcuse of d subjct as far as bio z cnsrnd it z lif n u cnt b withut lif k...........
4th June 2011, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

I have passed my 12 th and looking forward for good courses in biology.. is it good if i do bsc in botany and then go for msc in biotechnology.?? or should i complete pg in botany? what are carrer options for that??
14th June 2011, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
hello sir i hav just given my 12th boards in science n am waiting for my results.i had thought of opting for biotechnology but after reading certain comments here i've been disheartened so plz assist me whether i should really take this subject up or not?reply me here or on my e mail id : [email protected]
plz the same que i hve plz replz reply me on my.id [email protected]
30th June 2011, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

Hi all....I am new to this.but after reading the comments i cant be silent.Me too M.Sc., biotech student...searching searching searching job and finally now thinking wat is the next step ....
Dont tak this biotech and being nothing in life.take the subject which will help for earning in future.biotech ll give job 10 out of 100 people.....
wat ll be the situation of remaining...think and tak next step of ur life.....
2nd July 2011, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

b tech biotech is better or b sc biotech????????????????//
2nd July 2011, 05:45 PM
Biotechnologist2020.com

Job after placements in msc bio in most cases is a myth except it is central govt institutions.

Medical Biotech is best studied at AIIMS or PGI Chandigargh... Try for any central govt univs. SRMC Chennai..

Biotech jobs -A case study - Click to read me on the different job and research options you have We suggest that you read this article to know the different options you have in Biotech/Life sciences and to decide on how you want to proceed.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B9NjKZ1 SagiVZmIyOTNiZGEtZjYwOS00YjJhLWE3OGQtMmI5ZjUyYWI2O WI1&hl=en_US&pli=1

Write to us at [email protected] and visit us at www.biotechnologist2020.com
25th July 2011, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

Unhappy Re: Scope in Clinical research after M.Sc (Biotechnology)? Salary variation between PG Diploma and M.Tech (Biotechnology)? Scope of M.Tech (Biotechnology) after M.Sc? Areas of jobs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle View Post
Dear friend,

Good luck!!

Good Noon,

First i would like to say thank you for such a +ive approch towards the biotechnology. But am sorry to say that i am lil bit dispoiented about the field, I have completed my M.Sc Biotech before a year back and i wish to go in research in the same field but till to the date am completely blank. I have applied in so many organizations but the result is always -ve. I dont know, i the field of Biotechnology how to start the carrer for fresher as the oraganizations are only looking for experienced biotechies.
So can anyone suggest me how to figure out the career path in this field.....
8th August 2011, 09:39 AM
Unregistered

jobs in india
9th August 2011, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

Hi Guys, Biotechnology has very good future in INDIA and Outside India aswell.One of the my friend (avg student) completed MSc Biotech and got good job in Singapoor.I am requesting you, please do not demotivate the people who are into Biotech field.
14th August 2011, 03:46 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir,
I have completed my MSc Microbiology and now i would like to do diploma in clinical research.but i am pretty much confused.Is this a right decision sir ? plzz help me,,If so,can you plzz suggest some well reputed institution from where i can do diploma in clinical research??
4th September 2011, 01:21 AM
Unregistered

hi sir, i have done m.sc. biotechnology in 2010 and presently i am working in bioanalytical department of a cro as a research associate. this will be good career for future because there is no use of biotech in bioanalytical department. so plz suggest me. should i continue this job?
4th September 2011, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

hi:..........every person tels only unpractical massege they dont whate is reality about biotecch research field all positive coments is wrong inthis forum plz dont go for this .plz go to psu and other government job and save ur time mony keep ur hert and helps youreself ur parents dream
29th September 2011, 08:03 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down Re: Scope in Clinical research after M.Sc (Biotechnology)? Salary variation between PG Diploma and M.Tech (Biotechnology)? Scope of M.Tech (Biotechnology) after M.Sc? Areas of jobs?

Quote:
vivek gupta
such a stupid mind ...msc(biotech) doesnt hold any scope because its not professional like an mtech(biotech).go for further studies such as MTECH(biot)/clinical research from ICRI/CREMA...........
10th October 2011, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
hey I did MSc. Biotech from the prestigious Institute with a reasonable grades but still i dont see any suitable job for me.i think if u are really interested in hard core research and ready for investing your 10-12 years after 12th then you should go for Biotechnology.my advice is to prepare hard for MBBS or do a normal graduation and prepare for govt exams , civils etc it depends on your capabilities. I was a bright student and now I regret for entering this research field and I dont want any other bright student to get fooled by this glamorous name "Biotechnology" wish you good luck!!
27th November 2011, 01:11 AM
Unregistered

i am a student of b.p.t 3rd year..i wanna know that is clinical research is a good carrerr after b.p.t??can i directly take admsn in m.s.c. in clinical research after cmpltn my b.p.t??
5th December 2011, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Hi Guys, Biotechnology has very good future in INDIA and Outside India aswell.One of the my friend (avg student) completed MSc Biotech and got good job in Singapoor.I am requesting you, please do not demotivate the people who are into Biotech field.
well....if ds is 1 of da case dn v all need 2 knw hw did he manage...hw he cud get a job after masters only...coz all ds senario wch m seeing being a msc student is in biotech is always disappointng...so tell us...wot he did....
10th December 2011, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

sir how can i know about the vacancies in particular company so that i can apply?
20th December 2011, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

sir i m fully favour u i have completed m -tech from govt unioversity n got 74% n doing job in 5000 rupees in pharma so i will convince nioyt to take biotech u may try from microbiolgy its bettre thn biotech
3rd January 2012, 01:04 AM
Unregistered

A detailed guide for you to understand the scope of the clinical research jobs can be found here
http://www.crtutor.com/clinical-research-jobs-what-is-the-scope/
8th January 2012, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

Unhappy Re: Scope in Clinical research after M.Sc (Biotechnology)? Salary variation between PG Diploma and M.Tech (Biotechnology)? Scope of M.Tech (Biotechnology) after M.Sc? Areas of jobs?

Quote:
i have 2 say that biotechnology courses should be stopped by govt. b coz its a future distroyer
i agree cz biotech is a good carrier option only in abroad. there is no scope of biotech. in india... even good compnies also preffered students who had done their masters from well raputed colleges frm abroad. so its not gud in any ways..
14th January 2012, 12:30 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my B.Tech in Biotechnology and PG diploma in clinical research. i would like to know about my career growth.wat about the Post graduation in Clinical research?
19th January 2012, 08:25 PM
Unregistered

Goodevening Sir,
I am doing B.Sc.(Biotechnology) Please tell me next career.
20th January 2012, 04:37 PM
tl.com

hi dear,

According to my knowledge-

Thanks.
All the best
thanks
20th January 2012, 04:54 PM
sheshadev senapati
Senior Member++

hello dear friend

Good luck!!
thank you
29th January 2012, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Scope in Clinical research after M.Sc (Biotechnology)? Salary variation between PG Diploma and M.Tech (Biotechnology)? Scope of M.Tech (Biotechnology) after M.Sc? Areas of jobs?

i got the best way through your suggestions thank you for this help...Taran
23rd March 2012, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

TRUE TRUE!!! 100%TRUE!! There is absolutely no scope for Biotechnology... then whatever it may B.Sc, M.Sc or M.Tech.. Even i am a biotechnology student and i am seeked of searching for jobs now.. my 1 wrong decision destroyed my career.. Please go for MBA If you have done B.Sc Biotech because still you have chance to save your career..
26th March 2012, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

hii.. i m doin b.tech biotechnology... can u tel me wht should i do aftr cmplting my degree... should i do m.tech or mba... plzzz do help me... coz m really scared abt my career wen i read out d abv cmnts.. is der ny scope 4 biotech in india...???
15th April 2012, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

hello evry1...i hv gvn ma cls 12th xmz n am waiting fr results...i hd totally made up ma mind for pursuing btech in biotech...thank god that i searchd in through web n found it out here abot d scope f biotech...aftr reading d above comments,,i realised wat a blunder i vud hv done if i vud hv chosen biotech field....THANKS TO ALL ABOVE...i dnt want 2 study hard 4-6 yrs thn get a job of mere 10000-30000..jzt a wastage of time,money n a student's "mind"....thankyiu !! :) ~~ shweta
8th September 2012, 08:11 PM
being aman

If you want to shape your career in right direction in this field than you have to think in a different direction than other field grads or PG .
The only thing that can help you survive in this field is research.
You need to have publications whether you are an M.S or M.tech. as it requires practical
work experience.
Try to look for interships such as there are programmes offered by DBT for stipend based
research proposals ,you can also look for interships under a professor working in your interest areas in reputed institutes.
You can also fight CSIR,DBT,GATE,ICMR exams for fellowship based PhD in reputed institutes
Besides Institutes like IISc also takes PhD students on the basis of entrance test conducted by them
18th January 2013, 11:35 PM
Unregistered

i am a class 12 student and i want to go in the field of biotechnology...but after reading some comments..i am confused.does it has good job prospects?is genetic engineering a better option?
4th April 2014, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
hello sir if u rnt interestd in dis subject of biotechnology dn y had chose dis n if u hv confidence n strong will, u can win wrld dere will b no xcuse of d subjct as far as bio z cnsrnd it z lif n u cnt b withut lif k...........
talks of courage and confidence is on no use in biotechnology.. iam a student on biotech and mr. vivek is right there is no scope as such in india. ppl doing general bsc earn more than a biotech student. botech in india has no scope
14th June 2014, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
I also think that we should try our luck in bioyech as it is a fastly growing field..
Instead of choosing M.Sc in biotech, we can also choose M.Sc in genetics after completing B.Sc in biotech..
It also has a good career demand..
19th December 2017, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

Hello ! My son has done M.Sc. Biotech and doing job in one pharma company but in marketing. I would like to know the basic difference between M.Sc. & M.Tech Biotech as far as job is concerned. Is that right M.Tech has more scopes in having better jobs than the M.Sc.? Also would like to know the scopes of M.Tech Biotech as where they are in demand i mean in which profession and what is current packages they are offered. Thanks in anticipation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?